Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Wounded Ghost Memory (Solace Bridge Outskirts)

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Royou, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

Reproduction Rate: Not able to reproduce this, as it part of a quest and written in my journal, and not being able to delete it from my journal prevents me from resetting the quest, and there by seeing if it could, not that I'd want it to, happen again! But I did try it on a second account, and completed it without a problem.

Blocker?: Yes it is a blocker as I can not go forward with the quest!

Details: following the quest, after going to the adult ghost and being sent to the wounded ghost to collect her memory, I spoke to the wounded ghost and went through the process of completing the part, but was not given the memory, I have tried it again but she will not respond to the markers anymore. I have noticed that the blood minion has changed it's name to ghost wounded memory, but apon killing it you don't get the missing memory.

Steps to Reproduce: Don't have an answer for this.

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Intel x79 2011 Motherboard (PCI-E 3.0 x16, DDR3 1600, SATA, RAID, ATX)

Processor: INTEL BX80619I73970X Core i7 (3970X) 3.5GHz Extreme Edition Processor 15MB L3 Cache LGA2011

CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm Digital High Performance Rad Liquid Cooler for CPU

Memory: 48GB Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (6x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black

Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 Professional Series AX 1200W ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold PSU

Video Card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G (PCI-E 3.0x16/11264mb GDDR5x/352 bit HDMI/DP*3/Dual-Link DVI-D)

Storage: Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive

Optical Drives: Samsung 18x DVD ROM Sata - Black, Samsung (SH-224DB) DVD Re-Writer SATA 24x Black

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Special Edition Full Tower Chassis with 4x 140mm Fan - Gunmetal

Monitor: Acer S240HLbid 24'' Full HD widescreen LCD monitor with LED Backlight

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard

Speakers: Creative SBS 5.1 560 Surround Sound System

Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, Logitech G400 Optical Gaming Mouse

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64Bit

Added Cooler fans:1 Antec Twocool Blue 140mm Fan, 2 of Antec Twocool Blue 140mm

Add-ons: NZXT Internal USB Expansion, 2x Akasa AK-188-BL Cold cathode Blue dual pack to be fitted when memory upgraded,
    2M DVI-D Monitor Cable, Black, 2 Metre DVI Cable, Gold Plated, Genuine CPO Branded Product,

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Tsproggy likes this.
  2. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I'm stuck there too. Just tried to complete this on 03/12/18 and it will not progress past the scenario you detailed.

AmbushedGamer and Royou like this.
  3. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

The more I try to complete this quest.....I'm thinking the renaming of the Blood Minion to Ghost Wounded Memory is a bug.

Royou likes this.
  4. Royou

Royou Avatar

I agree that this must be a bug, I tried deleting the other two orbs, hoping that it would reset the quest in some way, but alas it did not and now I have zero orbs :( so if they fix the Wounded Ghost section, I'll be two down, so I'll have to wait till the journal reset, if they do one that is :(

AmbushedGamer likes this.
  5. Ainanymous

Ainanymous Avatar

I just completed this quest without issue, I just had to be sure to use the correct keywords offered in the call-and-respond dialogue.
    Tips:
    1) Don't confuse the blood minion called ghost wounded memory with the actual ghost called ghost wounded memory. The blood minion is nothing to the quest and sits five feet in front of the ghost (guarding the ghost maybe?).
    2) Speak "Rochelle" to the child, speak "Major Rochelle Icene" to the adult, and speak "inspiration" to the the wounded memory.
    3) Use the blue sparkles to locate each ghost more quickly, rather than random exploration...although that works, too.

Royou likes this.
  6. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

I've been saying, "be an inspiration, not a martyr" with and without comma, but to no avail. I still don't have the third memory and the dialog keeps going in circles, eventually saying "return to our shell..... there is nothing else....." I've return to the Forgetful Ghost many times after that and nothing else happens.

AmbushedGamer and Royou like this.
  7. Royou

Royou Avatar

Did all this as you show above, given up on it now. Thanks for the advice :)

8. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

@Lexie Can we please get an official comment on this? Spent much time doing this. If it is indeed broke, would be nice to know.

Royou likes this.
  9. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

The blood minion near the wounded ghost memory is indeed misnamed. It should just be Blood Minion. Bug#56860. Just fixed that.

As for the issue you're having not being able to get a memory from the wounded ghost memory, I can't repro that. Speaking to the wounded ghost memory after speaking to the other two ghosts advanced the quest fine for me, including giving me the wounded ghost memory. Check your inventory and see if you have all three memory essences. If you do, go to the forgetful ghost and click on the "help" keyword to turn in the three memories.

Royou likes this.
  10. Royou

Royou Avatar

Thank you for fixing the Blood Minion. I will just forget about this quest, I have tried talking to the ghost to many times to count, and it is never in my inventory, and after the first time the ghost does not respond to the quest words, and as I have deleted the other 2 orbs, will just move on.

11. ilovemondays

ilovemondays Avatar

That bug happened to me too. I was attacked by the Blood Minioin just after I clicked the dialog option "inspiration". The dialog window was closed and I didn't get the memory to my inventory. The dialog/quest can't be triggered again.

ungatonegro and Royou like this.
  12. Royou

Royou Avatar

Ah thinking of it this is what must have happened to me! as I remember I killed the minion, then had to go sort out my Daughter, then came back clicked on the ghost, that is when the blood minion must has respawned and attacked me, closing the dialog and then making it impossible to complete. Thank you @ilovemondays, I wonder if I should update the bug description, or is it enough that I've put it here????

13. ilovemondays

ilovemondays Avatar

Glad I could help, I just came here right away after I had the bug ingame. So this was my first post in general, I don't know if this thread/bug will be reviewd again. Perhaps write an [updated] or so in the title if possible... ?

Royou likes this.
  14. Feioka

Feioka Avatar

2/4)Reproduced Original Posters Bug listed above.
    As stated; Following the quest - after going to the adult ghost and being sent to the wounded ghost to collect her memory. I spoke to the wounded ghost memory and after fumbling through the trigger dialogue (She would not respond to the word 'inspiration' but, did respond to 'help') she gave me a long response to return to the shell - However, I was given NO memory.

The wounded ghost memory now only will tell me to return to the shell their is no more. I have looked over my inventory and only have two memories for this quest. THERE is a bug here... Please help us so we might complete this quest and save the hundreds who follow us from hurdling their keyboards off into space.

6)User System Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Tsproggy, ManiBear and Royou like this.
  15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Having just completed this, this quest was very confusing!!!

Royou likes this.
  16. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

Yes, this is till broken for me. I only have 2 rochelle memories. I try to use the "inspiration" line on her, but get nowhere. It asks me to return to the shell...there is nothing else. My task journal shows Memories Three - Return the Memories, but when speaking to the Forgetful Ghost, there is no advancement.

Royou likes this.
  17. ungatonegro

ungatonegro Avatar

Hi! I´m having this same problem too. I just have 2 memories and can´t finish this quest. I did the same that ilovemondays and now can´t do anything, even saying "Inspiration" to Wounded Ghost.

Royou likes this.
  18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This quest is broken.
    See screenshot - I have the first two memories, but the Ghost Wounded Memory won't react to the phrase "be an inspiration, not a martyr". It did react once to "help", but when I try to talk with her now, she only says "return to our shell....there is nothing else". I never get a third set of memories from her.

[​IMG]

My journal entry tells me that I have received the third memory, but I have not. Only Rochelle's Adult Memories and Rochelle's Childhood Memories are in my inventory.

[​IMG]
    The on-screen quest tip still tells me to search for the wounded ghost and say "be an inspiration, not a martyr" to it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Gravidy and Royou like this.
  19. Bandillu

Bandillu Avatar

I still have all thre Memories in my inventar. but i cant give back

amora, Royou and Malamba like this.
  20. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I'm going to have QA beat on this some more and see if we can get a good repro. I haven't been able to, but obviously there's an issue that needs to be addressed.
    @Lexie

Thelon and Royou like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.