User Expanded Support to Travian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kpopgurl, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

@Cerus how will the price differences in the stores be addressed? Will all items have a global price?

Solazur likes this.
  2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

@Cerus , @Berek
    Just read your announcement to migrate EU players to Travian. (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...r-migration-travian-games.114679/#post-971845)

Thank you for the short Q&A although an early announcement by email would have been nice - I believe most players affected will not necessarily see this board post.

I'll wait for the new website before I comment on it.

My question : Am I as a person living in Switzerlan (not part of EU!) affected or not?

Edit: This also applies to Iceland & Norway

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  3. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

I wonder what prices they will have on coto's for example..

FrostII and StarLord like this.
  4. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

What will happen to my store credit? I got 100 usd in store credit. Im wondering if I should spend it on coto's right away before the transfer to get the most out of it, since it seems they are going to have higher prices because of taxes ect...

Solazur, Rada Torment and Rentier like this.
  5. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Yes - I assume the main reason for moving the add-on store into the game was to ease the revenue generation for the publishers. BS / Travian now only have to sell Cotos and not worry about setting up all items in the cash store.

sota001 likes this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

What about the UK when we leave the EU in nearly exactly one years time....March 29th 2019

Lyndoman, Almar, Royou and 6 others like this.
  7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Best ask @Berek, @Cerus

8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Needless to say I'm NOT happy about this. Especially this part: "You will not be able to access the Portalarium website anymore, but we will copy all new content over to the Travian Games website."

Which benefit is this supposed to bring to us, the players? I'm interested in a plausible explanation.

FrostII, losludvig, VZ_ and 18 others like this.
  9. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

All I am worried about now is what prices they will have on coto's. That means I would have to have an american contact everytime I want coto's...

Royou, sota001 and Kara Brae like this.
  10. Glopton

Glopton Avatar

I asked Cerus, and I know other trying to, but no answer. Makes my angry that they made all this in such a short notice. I mean it's late here in EU and they are probably asleep and wont be able to give me any answer before the change is already done...

Mapper, Alana Baran, Ronni and 3 others like this.
  11. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

In addition to the store credit question: Will it still be possible to gift store credit and other add-on store items to other players across borders?

FrostII, Royou, Ronni and 1 other person like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Berek @Cerus wow i am sorry but the flash sale stuff su**s. What about post mortems, the goals and the post mortem flash sales?

13. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I don't think they switch tomorrow directly after midnight. While Cerus might be out of office the US team isn't. @Berek should be able to address these concerns - store credits are pretty common I would assume.

Solazur and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  14. Curt

Curt Avatar

Not Happy.

losludvig, Royou, Solazur and 9 others like this.
  15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

As a note I looked at their "Adept" bundle, for £66.99 (thats $95.34) which is the same bundle as the $74 - so even if our store credit is moved over, it may not buy the same stuff as it would have done on the site as we know it today.

Previously in other games - we had a choice.... a choice to buy from "eu" or whereever, OR buy from the US.. as our choice.

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

To be honest, you cant really fault any US company for doing anything like that right now. Those new EU laws are pretty insane and a lot of companies are rushing to be compliant.

Numa and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  17. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Ouch! That's some cost increase.

Note-

Q: "Will I have to do anything with my account to keep playing?"
    A:
    In general, you can simply continue playing with your account. If you want to purchase anything from the new webstore, you need to login to the new website with your existing account and accept the Terms & Conditions, the Privacy Policy and the Data transfer and Data sharing agreement from Travian Games.

Could be absolutely fine, as in consumer protection rules (EU) but be careful, they could be Travians data sharing terms, as in accept they sell your data to.... whomever is stated. Check carefully.

Royou, Alana Baran and Tetsu Nevara like this.
  18. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Actually most of the "new" EU laws that are bandered about have been around many years.

Raven Cido, FrostII, .rhavin and 5 others like this.
  19. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Berek @Cerus
    As far as i can see the translation into other languages has not gone very far atm, all is still in english only

and the store has only basic game and some starter bundles but at much higher prices: for me as european player about 27% more expensive in € than on the sota-homepage in US$ at the actual exchange rates

so my questions are:
    - When will the translation to the in the menu mentioned languages be done? (french, german, italian, spanish, portuguese)

- Is there any plan to adjust the prizes to be more comparable? a nearly 30% increase is not tolerable for me

- How will the post-mortem-discounts be transferred ? they are only there for 60mins !

Thanks
    Rentier

FrostII, Royou, Solazur and 10 others like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I agree with that. Though the whole Facebook thing kickt off a nice discussion in the US as well about adopting EU data protection laws.
    Anyways! I am not complaining about the migration, this had to happen at some point.
    What i am complaining about is the handling of the store. And maybe i will have to complain about more, depending on the answers to the questions asked here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.