Join the Meretz SotA Tribe

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahtraddis

ahtraddis Meretz Rep

Hi @econner! Yes, the 1-Mile quest obstacle is due to a bug affecting distance data coming from Apple Health. It will be fixed in a maintenance release within the next few days. As for the dates we look at, we check any valid activity within the noted time range of the quest. Thanks for your suggestion re: Polar!

econner likes this.
  2. Lilunai Laurasia

Lilunai Laurasia Avatar

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Constant problems with this app, it used to work, then early December it kept 'losing contact' with Google Fit (although Google Fit still said they were connected, the Meretz app insisted they were not), contacted Meretz earlier this year and after two 'reminders' finally got a reply they knew of the problem and hoped to have a solution very soon, so a couple of weeks later, went back to them to ask about progress on this - and then a couple of weeks after that, asked again... contacted them again 10 March and still have no reply to those last two messages.

The app loses contact with Google Fit several times a day, sporadically and inaccurately 'updates' the Meretz points total occasionally but is clearly missing out a lot of data - and then 'reminds' me when it loses connection that I need to reconnect or might be 'missing out' on points . Well even if you manually reconnect the thing two or three times a day, it still fails to update accurately and then loses connection (or claims it has) a couple of hours later..

When you run a campaign stressing how you can get things daily on a time limited offer and the software can't cope with it's basic function, and then fail to engage with users, I'm wondering why I want to even try deal with nonsense.....

ahtraddis likes this.
  4. ahtraddis

ahtraddis Meretz Rep

@Aurelius Silverson , please accept my apology for the inconsistency in responding over the last few weeks (I just emailed you directly with an update as well). Isolating this particular Google Fit "disconnecting" issue has been challenging, as it has affected a seemingly random set of users intermittently and without any obvious pattern. However, I'm happy to share both with you and others here that we've had a technical breakthrough and believe we have it resolved, as of about an hour ago. If you could please give it another try by reconnecting Google Fit via the connect screen, I'd sure appreciate it, and I'm confident we'll be able to resolve any remaining issues you or others have reported. Again, I'm sorry for the lag between responses but hope this helps.

5. ahtraddis

ahtraddis Meretz Rep

@econner , just a quick note to follow up: The Apple Health distance data fix is complete and should hit the App Store shortly (most likely tomorrow or Wednesday). Watch for an update notification on your phone and be sure to install when you get it!

econner and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  6. ahtraddis

ahtraddis Meretz Rep

Meretz iOS version 1.2.4 just released with Apple Health distance fix. It should show up on your phone's update list shortly if not already there.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  7. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Slightly off topic: When is the SotA All Players Sweepstakes being drawn?

ahtraddis likes this.
  8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

According to the sweepstakes rules they will contact the winner, "on or about April 4th, 2018". So...maybe tomorrow? I am excited by this drawing as well and am keeping my fingers crossed!

ahtraddis and Mitch [MGT] like this.
  9. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

ahtraddis and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

No worries! I'm glad you posted because I had totally forgotten about this sweepstakes and I have 22 tickets on the line here, lol. Personally, I hoping for second place. A tax free village deed is pretty sweet! :D

ahtraddis likes this.
  11. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Can other things be added to use points towards? Such as 500Gold for 3k points, or 1 COTO for 3k points, etc? I have all the emotes so only the potions are useful to me. Just an idea and thanks for a great app to keep me moving!!

ahtraddis likes this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I also overshot on the emotes, so I have a few of them on my vendor in Central Brittany. While I think the raffles are fun, I'd really prefer more items we can buy directly with points.

13. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Offer COTOs please...

ahtraddis likes this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Who won the lot deeds?

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thanks for asking DG, I was wondering the same thing. Been checking my email feverishly lol :)

ena23, ahtraddis and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  16. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

I also sent Meretz an email to check in on this.

17. Lapis Dragon

Lapis Dragon Avatar

ahtraddis likes this.
  18. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Now there is an Observatory Home on the sweepstakes. I am wondering if I use points for the chance or wait till I hear there was an actual winner of the last one. Maybe I’ll stick with the potions for now until I hear it’s legit.

ahtraddis and Mitch [MGT] like this.
  19. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Just FYI, make sure you have a lot to put it on. Houses are separate from the lots. That isn't always clear if a player is new to SOTA housing.

20. Lapis Dragon

Lapis Dragon Avatar

@Berek Could you please verify what is happening with the Meretz sweepstakes for some folks peace of mind, thanks.

Mitch [MGT] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.