Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Blood River Massacre - Sword required to progress - Game doesn't accept axe/mace/bow.

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Soya, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soya

Soya Avatar

I've accidentally destroyed all swords in "Blood River Massacre" as I looted everything, then removed any items I didn't see a use for. I am now stuck with no way forward.

3/27/2018 12:45 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Bard and Fingers won't converse with Mage unless player has a sword in inventory. bow, axe, mace don't count.

"Ah, a mage, are you? Well, friend, I don't care how much fire you can make fall from the sky, you're not going to get very far in life without some backup steel. Trust me on this. There should be a spare sword on the weapon rack over by the barn."

Additionally floating text appears: "You need a sword! You can find one on a weapon rack by the stables to the southeast."

Steps to Reproduce: Never pick up a "Rusted Elven Sword" or destroy all in your inventory.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 24414
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series GPU RAM: 3052
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.749.Date.03.26.18
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest01_Bloodriver/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Blood River Massacre
    Loc: (-64.5, 52.7, 2.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDFfQmxvb2RyaXZlcnxXaXRoVHV0b3JpYWx8KC02NC41MzMsIDUyLjcwMSwgMS45NTEpfCgwLCAwLjUxLCAwLCAwLjg2KXw4Mi4yOTgzNnwyNC4xOTA5N3wyLjQ0NjQyOQ==

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Soya they respawn

Soya likes this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the report. Luckily most of these elements will respawn over time so, if destroyed, players will be able to acquire them again. If you want it to appear sooner, you can force a fresh instance by opening your options, selecting Multiplayer, and changing the matchmaking mode to Private or Party. The sword should appear then.

Soya likes this.
  4. Soya

Soya Avatar

Thank you both! I waited about 15 minutes just hitting the dummy before reporting and didn't see them respawn, but they did respawn with changing matchmaking.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.