How would you rate the launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgmaniac82, Mar 27, 2018.

?

How would you rate the launch?

1. 1 (worst)

34 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. 2

8 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. 3

18 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. 4

18 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. 5

32 vote(s)
    14.0%
  6. 6

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. 7

27 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. 8

30 vote(s)
    13.2%
  9. 9

24 vote(s)
    10.5%
  10. 10 (best launch ever)

27 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

So far so good. Have had a lot of fun completing the Courage quest-line and helping other new players.

MasterWan and FrostII like this.
  2. Hamsta

Hamsta Avatar

EU steam user here. Didn't even feel it. I mean the migration. No clue what you are talking about.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The information was posted in the Announcements forum (always a good forum to keep an eye on).

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...site-and-user-migration-travian-games.114679/

In a few days when you try to access your account on Shroudoftheavatar.com you will be re-directed to the Travian version of the site.

Travian will try to post news updates as quickly as possible, but US users will get them first. If you want to access your account or purchase anything in the Add-on store, you will have to accept Travian's terms of service agreement and can only use the Travian version of the store which will be more expensive because VAT will be added.

There is no guarantee yet that sales, etc. offered to customers located in the US will be available to Travian customers.

You will still be able to access these forums. Travian has created additional forums in several languages to accommodate customers who can't or don't want to communicate in English.

Cordelayne, Almar and Spoon like this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Launch seemed pretty smooth to me and was good too see plenty of folk around. Hopefully the game will prove good enough to both keep them all playing and add a load of new players too.

Being in the UK the Travian migration announcement did throw a small spanner in the works briefly but I honestly think that long term it can be a good thing as Travian seem much better at communicating things than Port...

5. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

6. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

I consider this game launched when they stopped wiping after each release, and considering the game was broken for almost 2 years since then, lolol

raxxus, bloodydragon and Deadly Habit like this.
  7. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Extremely smooth for me which I'm greatful. Woke up this morning and logged in to find the game ready to go. I've not touched it since very early client days so I'm curious to see what the final is like. So far a bit disappointed to find some features gone or missing, such as inventory GUIs, but we'll see.

Edit: and then I tried to enter a rift.... now I'm scouring through a very rough google doc trying to figure out how i contact support. :/

Very very very disappointed to hear people have lost money as a result of launch woes, all I can hope is that people not accept that and seek full compensation.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Ronni likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello fellow community members well I am sorry to hear of the migration and my thoughts are with you all and *crossing fingers* very much that it all works out to keep us together. For me I gave a '9' because the game was very smooth and lovely.

I totally missed the big bang as well. It was just another release but with many more players which was nice indeed. I truly wanted the sky to light up or a cinematic to play of the meteor hitting New Britannia, even words flash across the screen stating something awesome, anything a welcome from the devs saying in a voice welcome to the game you have been granted something a bit awesome. So none of that happened and that part was very underwhelming but I will survive that bit of a let down. So I ended my day with new friends syncing songs together and having an absolute great time.

So I understand and sympathize with any who did not have the day they wanted but if you ever get to the point you just cannot have a great time then talk to me lol j/k but you could ;) but please just don't give up. There are many ways to play this game and my request to our lovely @Dev (@Lord British) team is to watch for those requests and ideas we have given and please go our way on lots of things. Please, Please. Things like fun and interesting fishing and agriculture upgrades, not just your normal tiny bit of update but a really all out creative system update for these. We have to be better than other games as much as we can and our bare bones systems totally give us a bad rap. Going forward please consider to step up the bar on these things. Don't add systems that are half baked and half thought out. Now we can focus because we have launch out of the way. We survived it any ways we good. So sending good wishes to those who are migrating and those who are under whelmed.

Now onward to the next things we need in this game to fill in the blanks for players. Fishing upgrades, agriculture upgrade, mounts/horse racing (my idea lol ), boating, treasure hunting, raid systems, guild and pvp factions and quest like bounty quests, bounty system, pvpd, fishing, agriculture, crafting dailies, fun and interesting achievement system. I am sure there is more but just as an idea, we can have all of this and much more so hang in there and let it be known.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

So this is coming from someone who hasn't played in a year+ :

Seemed a bit more optimized than the last time I played, but towns are still a low fps mess and also had a crash in under an hour of playing.
    Saw a few more people than usual on the overworld from last time I was on.
    Other than that and having been watching updates via streams not getting why this was the big "release" to push out from Early Access.
    So a 5 I guess as pretty nonplussed either way.

10. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

@majoria70 couldn't agree more, it was a huge let down, i was so excited to log in on 'launch day' even though i knew it was BS what with persistence being year+ ago. I was really hoping for some cool cloak or something for those playing today, some quests, an appearance by @Lord British perhaps like in UO....

so although there were no bugs, there were also no people, and it didn't feel special at all. I fear this game is DOA

Jaws2 and raxxus like this.
  11. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Logging in today feels exactly like it did yesterday. Not sure how it can be a good or bad release as it was already released! Basically no different from before release.

Jaws2, Ronni and Xandra7 like this.
  12. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Non-US players are getting shafted right now. Hard. Without warning. Completely unacceptable treatment of customers that have stuck with this game, kindness repaid during launch.

Yet everyone is still patting each other on the back. Hooray mediocrity. I wonder if the sunglasses will ever come off and this community will start to support each other instead of a game they just happen to play together. Take ten minutes to go read about what EU players are dealing with right now. Ten minutes. You have the time. Maybe consider supporting them, too.

13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I rate it very high... It was the shortest download ever... I created my 2 extra chr and WoW, everything went very smooth...

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ummm well we are and we
    Instead of telling us to support them read our support for them . My heart goes out to each and every one dealing with this. I don't just say this. I've had my own conversations with Cerus via pm pleading to keep the community with us and to get it worked out for them. I truly hope for a great resolution. I also have not spent 5 years to have this game fail and there is no reason at this stage it should. There are always naysayers and people who want to take advantage of a situation to add fuel to their argument. Well it won't work. Not everyone hates this game. That is a fact. Not everyone likes it either but one thing I've seen when meeting new players is the reason they they did not like the game is because they didn't know the game. They were not aware of what is possible to do. Part of that is the point of development that has been put into systems that explain and let players know possibilities was not put in. It was thought at the beginning of making this game that players would figure that out and do more creativity on their own. But due to playing games that told everything to do this is expected and and wasn't planned for early on. So the hustle has been to getting some of this into help players. Once players have a chance to get together with other players and see some possibilities they have more understanding of this game.

In my opinion this is a technicality that can be improved upon luckily. Then Focus can be for enhancing and improving what is already there. And no one has to agree with me. No one. I stand for this game and I stand for this community. I say leave no one behind.

CatherineRose and Lyndoman like this.
  15. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Two minds about it. In terms of the update rolling out etc., it did as well as it normally does which is good. In terms of the masses arriving for release.... Well that didn't eventuate, seemed to be less than at the launch of persistence. That, it's worrying

Jaws2 and Xandra7 like this.
  16. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

The launch was very smooth for me.

I saw no events going on. I expected a cake... or something, like anything, even a mail inviting me to check out something, somewhere from some benefactor that would have commemorated the launch with even a tiny widget to put on the wall of a house.

Also... where the heck was everyone near 8pm Eastern? I saw VERY few people.

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Smitty

Smitty Legend of the Hearth

The launch should be a serious gut check to what the status / future of the game as any anticipated 'new player surge' is a thing of the past. The world was empty. EMPTY. I toured Brittany market on LAUNCH DAY and not a soul was at the supposed capitol of this land (Lord British and Darkstarr were also shown as offline in my friend list?).

The 100's of POTs and towns has spread the already thin population out to apocalyptically thin at what should be the climax of its development and hype. The landing page made a free trail entry into the game as easy as possible to bolster the player count, but that didn't seem to have helped. The game is essentially a single / co-op with your friends online game.

Now, there may be people who love to decorate their house in their own bubble devoid of people and are fine with it, but I venture to guess the masses of people, who the game will rely on to stay financially solvent, want a world populated with other players.

As I said in another thread, they need to start culling empty cities and downsizing to condense the population (POTs are still for sale FFS - which probably now outnumber the people on launch day) otherwise the free trial will only serve as a glance into an empty world and quick exit for anyone new coming in.

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I rated it high. Simple fact is that nothing is really different for me above a normal release. I logged in yesterday, did a usual farming run through Ulfeim and then logged out. From my perspective nothing has changed at all. From a new persons perspective if I put my feet in their shoes, I think they have a fully functioning game with a lot of hope that it will get better over time.

I've been reading the usual social engineer RAW channel on reddit to see what they are saying and what directions they will move into next to attack the game now that its live and they can no longer drone on for years that "this game will never make it to release (for one of 100 crazy conspiracy theory reasons)".

Tiina Onir likes this.
  19. Almar

Almar Avatar

Launch was smooth, but as Kara pointed out already, it was launch day when I found out the financial aspects of my relationship with the game were being 'outsourced'.

Not one bit happy, after years of support from Kickstarter onward I feel like we are now being pished on from a great height. And I do not blame Travian for this. I blame Port.

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I completely disagree. I logged in last night and there was more people running around alone in my instance of Novia then I have ever seen. There were dozens of people outside of Brit (including a reappearance of Scroda playing his usual music, first time I have seen him there again in a year).

I went into Ulfeim and usually there is only one person at most in there with me and the whole time there was 8 yesterday which is unheard of (and I have spend 1000 hours in there). I had to switch to single player to keep my farming speed up since everything was being farmed out.

Tiina Onir, Elwyn and LiquidBlaze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.