Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] My Player Owned Town switched the owner name to my alt

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Lord Baldrith, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

3/27/2018 9:28 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: I created a second character on my account to test out the intro and it changed ownership to the name of that alt. I deleted the alt, and still it shows the alts name as the owner.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to my player owned town. Read the name
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.750.Date.03.27.18
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Wizards Rest
    Area Display Name: Wizards Rest
    Loc: (66.5, 38.0, 128.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdpemFyZHMgUmVzdHwoNjYuNTQ3LCAzOC4wNDIsIDEyOC40NzEpfCgwLCAtMC43NDcsIDAsIC0wLjY2NSl8NDM3LjY0N3wyMi45Njg3NXw0LjQ4NzgxOA==

Sonja likes this.
  2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

All of the sudden it changed back to my main character's name. Still this could be an issue for town members who wonder what happened to the town's ownership. I would prefer to have my main character's name remain on the town.

Sonja and Lazarus Long like this.
  3. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

Town/lot ownership is account linked. If you have an alt, whichever char you have on will be listed as the owner of your town. This also happens if you are a guild leader. Annoying, but I think its working as intended

Sonja and Lexie like this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, this is currently by design. The avatars are linked and lots is shared (including guild membership).
    So if you log on one character you will see that character to be in the guild of your first avatar. You may notice the name will 'flip' depending on which avatar is currently logged in.

I do understand that this may cause some confusion on who is who when alts are involved - like when you look at your friends list and someone is on an alt avatar, but you don't recognize the name. But I did confirm that this is the current design. Any enhancements recommendations to these features should be treated as feedback/game input. As a side note, many are sharing last names between avatars so it is more transparent.

@Lord Baldrith

5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Part of the reason in having alts to to be off my main character. Seems to me if this is by design I don't get any benefit from having an alt if I was using that as a character to play without attracting people who know me hehe...That's part of what I use alts for.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Lexie. Please this is confusing and upsetting to the residents of the town who came to me saying has the town been sold? Please do not change the ownership/governor name of the town unless there has been an actual change in ownership. if a governor plays an alt that should have no effect on the governor name of the town which should always be Baldrith. He is the lore of the town and the old and bit peculiar one at that ;). That is just silly. @DarkStarr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.