Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Find petunia

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Feeyo, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

3/28/2018 7:12 PM
    Title:Find petunia
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?No
    Details:I found the horse, set it free and the horse is now by his beloved owner. Quest does not complete :(
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32718
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.750.Date.03.27.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Broken Road
    Loc: (-40.4, 44.6, -103.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoLTQwLjQ0NCwgNDQuNjM5LCAtMTAzLjEzMyl8KDAsIDAuODg0LCAwLCAwLjQ2Nyl8MTM2LjIzMzN8Ni44OTY3NjZ8OC4yNzc4MDY=

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Feeyo did you talk to the merchant who it belongs to?

3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes I did. The horse was even standing next to me/him when I was talking to him :)

Rentier likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the original report AND the extra information! I'll look into this issue.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Have same issue. There seems to be actually 2 quests with objective to free that horse. Got both after talking with Minstrel, one I finished by talking with him after freeing her. But this "Find Petunia" just sits in my journal.

Have to say this is already second quest that is sitting in my journal even thou I finished it for one reason or another. Feels like best solution would be to simply have "abandon quest" button next to each quest in journal.

6. Sannio

We have new tech that allows us to clear all related tasks once you clear the final one. We just need to "attach" the early tasks to the final one. "Abandon quest" wouldn't solve the issues you're experiencing, because you might still get into the same situation. The new tech actually solves the problem of clearing out old tasks that have become irrelevant after you completed the whole quest.

Sidorovich likes this.
  7. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Alright that do sound like a solution! Hope you folks gonna be able to implement it as soon as possible! It's not game breaking issue but...I just like to have my journal tidy :D

8. Sannio

I do, too!

(The fix should be in with Release 53, which is scheduled for the end of this month.)

Jaesun and Sidorovich like this.
  9. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Say now I have simmiliar, but different issue. I got quest from Myra in Owl's Head to find Myron. Problem is right after that I went and did quest for that merchant to taint her reputation. Now she will not speak to me. Not even about Myron. So quest just hovers in my journal and I can't finish it.
    I don't know if there are more quests that you can block yourself from finishing like this one but...yeah. If that new tech could help even with stuff like this that would be grand! Either way just something else for you to look into...sorry for extra work :D .
    At this point it serves as constant reminder what kind of prick I was to her...for 20 gold. But I could never forget that even without that journal entry! It will haunt me for rest of days either way! :D

But man have to say you don't even know just how much I enjoy questing and exploring in this game (boy and the puzzles!)...I play MMOs always purely for this, not really interested into endgame and well no other MMO have it as good as this. Feels like proper RPG. Really good job guys!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  10. Sannio

If you could submit your bug with Myra's quest being broken as you described, that would be great! (Her quest is very old and is past do for an overhaul, anyway!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.