Heraldry submissions appear to be open

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oakenhammer, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes.

2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

*facepalm*

3. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

My heraldry is approved and available ingame. What do I have to do to show it up on e.g. the long banner or the short banner? Sorry, I am not the crafter type... :oops:
    Got it with the banner. Now figuring out with plate armor. I am missing a receipe for "reshape heraldry plate chest armor"...[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Numa, Sean Silverfoot and Sir Frank like this.
  4. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

You'll need to use the Tailoring crafting station having one of the banners, the respective heraldry pattern, and 3 Wax. The recipes are Reshape Long Heraldry Banner and Reshape Short Heraldry Banner.

Numa, Duffrey Blake and Sir Frank like this.
  5. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Thank you @Oakenhammer. Figured it out finally. Is there also a receipe for reshaping heraldry shields, heraldry plate armor etc.? Could not find one in my receipe book just the normal reshape receipes.

6. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

For the chest armor, you will want to use the Reshape Chest Armor for either Plate, Chain, or Leather. Plate and Chain are in Blacksmithing and Leather is in Tailoring. This also applies to the Leggings and Shield. The shield is in Blacksmithing too.

Numa and Duffrey Blake like this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Woohoo!

majoria70, Barugon and Duffrey Blake like this.
  8. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

when submitting... if the image background came out argent, but it should be fieldless (transparent), will it come out in game with that argent square?
    basically a .jpg with a background would be submitted - but that background is not desired for the device.

9. Curt

Curt Avatar

So if i want the picture I use as profile.
    Should i generate a 256x256 picture with the yellow symbol and leave the rest transparent? or use a blue background?

10. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

If you just want the yellow symbol you want to do the background transparent. I have used the .png format to achieve a transparent background.

11. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

If you submitted with an argent background it will be shown.

12. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

bah...
    now i gotta spend $25 to fix that.
    need some clearer explanation on that submittal page...
    "If you do not want a background, submit either a .gif or .png image with transparency." would suffice.
    The vague, "We suggest using a transparent background." is so passive one overlooks it.

ETA: Would also be a good idea to have the submittal page NOT display buttons that cannot be actuated. I would rather not have that argent field for my device, so want to "Remove" the submittal, but there is no link behind that button. A small bit of coding on the page is needed (CSS to check status and hide buttons/links if a certain status persists).

UX process notes
    1. Add image
    2. If image is funky (cut off by square shape, that damned field, etc.) need to change IMMEDIATELY.
    2-a. Perhaps have a set time period (one day) for person to be happy with the submitted image - or have a secondary button which approves submittal like you have for the tool.
    3. Processing period is definitely less than 24 hours right now. Mine processed in 4 hours.
    4. Can change image without needing the voucher ($25) up to the point of being "processed, awaiting moderator approval". When you see that status, you cannot change the image.
    4. at which point, all buttons next to image should disappear (they tease us so!)
    5. would be nice to have status next to image instead of top of page (for we are not so very interested in reading so much).
    6. The instruction "Visit this page to view your Blazon’s status." leads one to look for a link.... rather should read, "The status of your Blazon is displayed at the top of the current page."
    6-a. Would be better to have the status next to the image (in place of those teasing buttons) as that is the more direct approach.

Devices (Blazons for SotA purposes) are _very_ personal and should be given serious attention. I know the system is not what we expected, but it is what it is... and maybe should have been given a bit more "user play" before it went live. In retrospect, I love it - but I do not love the fact that I have "awaiting moderation" a device I am not happy with and cannot change without spending money.

Trespocalu and Duffrey Blake like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If your submission has not yet been approved, contact @Rok Yrikk in a private message and ask him to reset it.
    He offered this as a service through the end of the week because of the confusion. (Friday)

Nikko, Numa, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  14. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

Thank you... and did.

edit:
    Mischief managed. :rolleyes:

Nikko and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  15. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Hmm, I can't apply the heraldry pattern to the founder heraldry heater shield with the reshape shield receipe. Should I bug report it?

Leinad Laurelwreath likes this.
  16. Lained

Lained Avatar

Nor the chest armour, I assumed they're just blank versions to use, I crafted a shield to apply the pattern to.

17. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

ok, I bugged it as I assume the heraldry armour is intened to show heraldry. Lets see...

Lained likes this.
  18. Albus

Albus Avatar

Where to get banners to use with long and short heraldry banner patterns? I tried with regular banners but apparently the patterns work only with long and short heraldry banners... Anyone know where to find those or a recipe to craft them? Thanks :)

19. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

When you claimed your rewards, you should have been given one Long Founder Heraldry Banner and one Short Founder Heraldry Banner for use with the patterns. I am not currently aware of any recipes or sources to get additional banners at this time.

Sean Silverfoot and Albus like this.
  20. Albus

Albus Avatar

Ah okay, I did find those but was hoping for a source for more. Thank you for the useful information meanwhile though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.