Heraldry submissions appear to be open

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oakenhammer, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Which begs the question... Will it be possible to make multiple banners with the same device displayed?

2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

I am pretty sure we'll get a source for patterns and recipes for creating new decorations--I am hoping in R53. Given that the ones we've received are the founder reward, I'm curious to see what the regular versions will look like.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Oakenhammer, have you used an eternal pattern to make a Banner? If so, was it 'consumed' by or made part of the banner, or was it not?

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

So due to so many moving parts with launch we missed delivering 2 complimentary change vouchers to everyone. We should have those delivered to everyone by end of week at latest.

5. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

@Rufus D'Asperdi, yes, I used eternal patterns with the banners. The eternal pattern is part of the banner and can be reclaimed through reshaping or salvaging. For the plate armor and shield, I salvaged the eternal pattern from the items we were given and applied them to my armor. They also can be reclaimed.

I have not used any of the regular heraldry patterns we received, but I am guessing they are single use.

Numa likes this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Which brings me back to my original question... Will be be able to make more banners with our own devices? If the patterns are either single use, or consumed as normal, and we have no method by which we can copy patterns, we have no ability to make more than one copy of any item.

Daxxe Diggler and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you, @DarkStarr. That will help.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  8. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Thank you Darkstarr! I don't like the way my blazon looks, and I think the "logo" type blazons look alot better, so I will have to rethink my submission.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

How did you dye it?? I tried and said that it couldn't be dyed.

10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Ah, figured it out. You have to salvage the eternal pattern and place it on a crafted shield.. then it becomes dye-able. :)

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does that work with the banners?

12. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Ok so I submitted a blazon very shortly after it became possible to do so, before I was aware of this thread.
    I may have followup comments depending on the outcome of my issue.

Unfortunately I've been pretty tied up with work and only got time to log on again now.
    My account page states "Your Blazon has been processed and approved. Your Blazon is now available in game"
    Since I saw Starr's post above that there will be 2 complementary change vouchers, and since my submission was already approved,
    I decided to go ahead and claim the blazon ingame to see how it turned out.

I've now patched up and logged into the game, claimed the items and tried them out. The shield, banner and tabard all appear to be blank!
    I've logged out and back in 3 times and still see no image. When I mouse over the eternal pattern in the bank, it *does* show the uploaded image.

This is what I see at the moment:
    [​IMG]

13. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Your Heraldry will not automatically appear on your items. It is necessary to apply the heraldry to the items by using the pattern functionality of the crafting system. I've written a quick guide for heraldry at https://sotasmith.com/heraldry/ that covers the process.

Ember, Nikko, Numa and 4 others like this.
  14. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Thanks @Oakenhammer, I must have missed that detail.
    Will report back once I've got it sorted.

15. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'm still having hassles with this.. I was able to add a pattern to a long banner but I cannot seem to add a pattern to the shield or the leather tabard.
    Seems like they already have a pattern but it's blank? Do I have to destroy the example item to recover the pattern and make a new item myself?

Also I cannot seem to get decoration mode to activate.. I'm on my property with the decoration mode enabled but now I cannot place or move items?
    (edit: decoration mode worked after relog but no idea why it was not available before)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  16. Albus

Albus Avatar

*** edit: my information following (with strikethrough) was erroneous, I had not noticed that my patterns were stacked so did not realize they were in fact being consumed with each use. My apologies for the incorrect information @Rufus D'Asperdi @Duke Gréagóir @Numa***

For the armour (plate, leather and cloth so far), I used the regular heraldry patterns, which in this case were *not* consumed - so I was able to use the regular shield pattern twice so far (two shields, no pattern consumed). I've not touched the items which have 'eternal' patterns yet. I thought we were supposed to be able to create armours with our blazons for other players, and it seems we can at present at least.

Sooo, though not intuitive, at present we can use our regular heraldry patterns without them being consumed. Not sure if this will change, as I am not sure of the point of the eternal heraldry patterns in relation to the regular ones? I am thinking it may be a special feature of founder patterns, so not sure what will apply when non-founder heraldry becomes available.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  17. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

No.. Im afraid the banners aren't dyable in any form

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Interesting... Are you sure the normal patterns aren't being consumed? We were granted stacks of 5 of each.

19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Question. Can I make 15 shields with my coa on it? Or can I just make one shield?

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

If the heraldry patterns are indeed *not* being consumed for chest armor or shields then please let the rest of us know. This has important implications for guilds and even roleplayers. Thanks :)

LoneStranger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.