Heraldry submissions appear to be open

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oakenhammer, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is a total bummer.

By Tor likes this.
  2. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

As per my earlier comments, I had submitted my blazon with a heater shield outline before this discussion took off.
    Since it appears we get 2 complementary change vouchers I went ahead and claimed my approved submission.
    I am fairly pleased with the outcome, though I am still considering trying Oakenhammer's approach of a bold charge with no background,
    or some of the alternate colors I had been discussing with SotA College of Arms.

For anyone who wanted to see how a heater shape design turns out anyway, here's my example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saosis, Tiina Onir, Balandar and 12 others like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you, Gabriel... Did you submit That image? 90x90 pixels?

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  4. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

@Rufus D'Asperdi - Not sure if you're asking me on that one, the image I submitted was a 660x660 PNG with transparent background, I just reduced it to post in the forum here.

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I originally submitted a much larger version of that image, but actually had to resubmit it again yesterday WITHOUT the shield. Awaiting approval...o_O

UPDATE (4:13 PM) : APPPROVED :D Can't wait to get home tonight and start putting my blazon on everything :)

UPDATE (12:30 AM): Well, had no problems with the short and long banners or the shield, but apparently I am experiencing the same problem everyone else is with the armor (i.e., being invisible) :(

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Ember likes this.
  6. Albus

Albus Avatar

@Rufus D'Asperdi @Duke Gréagóir @Numa Just posting that my information was incorrect regarding patterns, regular pattern *are* being consumed with each use. I had not noticed that the patterns given to founders came in stacks so did not notice they were being consumed. Sorry for the disappointing correction :( I updated my original post on the subject with strikethroughs over the incorrect information.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It tells you in the submission page that if it is larger, it will be resized to a 256x256 png. if it is smaller than that, it will be centered in a 256x256 image with a transparent background.

8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I think it looks fantastic on your chest in the bottom of the last image. I don't think it looks right at all on the shield or the banners this way, however. The colors need to go through the entire shield and banner. The banner obviously should be almost all yellow, with the charge of the ram in the center of the yellow, and above that, a black bar at the top with the three white stars inside it. I really hope we can get to the point where this is possible, because at present, mine (see profile pic) is completely impossible to create.

*edit* - a type-o

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Not a problem, Albus. Thank you for confirming. That's why I asked.

Appreciate it.

Albus likes this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you, Sirius. I was going to have been surprised if you'd gotten that result from submitting a 90x90 image.

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I prefer the old system much more as this seems a bit like the wild west. I am grateful to have this in the game no matter what and I want to give a sincere thank you to the old team as well as the developers for doing the new thing. Still, the old way was much more grassroots and legit.

Sir Frank likes this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Soo simply looking at all this what would be my Heradrl Item?
    [​IMG]

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Can you rephrase the question? I have no idea what you're asking...
    If you're asking what can you submit, you can submit any or all of it... Your choice.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm Not Alone!!!
    Welcome to the club, @Barugon !
    ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought it was a Linux bug but I guess not.

17. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

I tried to build something in the blazon builder, but couldn't find divisions (very important to me) or the ability to change the size of elements, and the preview looked strange (as if only one element was considered for the foreground and the rest was half transparent). Is that normal or can we expect improvements to the system? (haven't submitted so far because of this)

18. Albus

Albus Avatar

If asking how best to translate this into the game, or what would look best out of that, what you could do is submit just the lion on a transparent background. That would not be great on the banners (it would just have the lion), but on a shield you could dye the background black to at least show your lion on a black field (or you could use dark grey to avoid spending crowns on black dye). You could also dye the trim of the shield either red or white to somewhat match the colours below from your original image. Also, on the chest armour you could dye that black and then dye the heraldry leggings white with red trim or the other way around. None of this would get the vertical stripes effect, but would incorporate the colours at least and would be the best looking way (I think) of presenting your lion well.

Alternatively you could put the lion and stripes (in a heraldry shield form) in with a transparent background around it, but I am less fond of such an option personally. It would get your original vision on the banner, as a little shield shape in the middle of the banner, but would also look like a little shield shape in the center of your shield weapon and a little shield shape in the center of your chest armour. Then you could dye the armour to get rid of the blue "background" cloth of the armour, maybe a yellow would work well around that "shield" shape of your original design?

Finally you could just slap the whole thing in, but replacing the white background with a transparency, that would work also similar to what I described in the middle paragraph above. Overall though I think the best looking effect with the current system would be to send in the golden lion with transparency around it, and dye whatever you slap it on to represent your colour scheme with the red, white and black. Again on the banner though this would just put your lion with no option yet to dye anything else (though I expect this will improve as Port iterates, probably to let us dye the banner at the least). One last option, though my least favourite but most economical, is to wait until the system is iterated further as there may be more options at some point... But I figure if better options (for more detailed/complete heraldry options, working better with such as what you originally designed) come online down the road I would probably splurge for a ticket to change my submission at that point.

19. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Befor we pay the $25, a ingame preview for the heraldry would be nice.

20. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

OOps I was mistaken. I made 4 right away and assumed you could more. I guess 5 is the limit. Sorry for mis-information.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Bodhbh Dearg and Duke Gréagóir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.