Full Server Wipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DocSinister, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

I'm relatively new, but I have no desire for a wipe to remove the work people have already done in the game. My bigger concern is any of the people who have passed on the game since first being heavily involved, which is quite often translating for me as empty areas of the game that used to house active players. But that's not a complaint. It's more a sad observation and hope that that isn't something I'm going to see too much of.

2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Deleted by me. Trying really hard to keep from boiling.

Chrystoph Reis and Berek like this.
  3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It had been argued back when they decided to go with persistence before "launch" that it probably wasn't the best idea, but it is what it is.

While I am sorry you feel the way you do, because there is so much you can do while playing the game and as Berek has said, you aren't as far behind as you might think, the only answer to your question regarding a refund is an unfortunate no. You backed a potential game, rather than buying a completed product, and the difference is an important one. Also, it was in the agreement both during the kickstarter and the pledge system after that refunds were not going to be given.

Your best option to get an official answer is going to be to send an email to support@portalarium.com. If the answer is still no, you can opt to sell your pledge account to someone in the marketplace here on the forums.

Nikko likes this.
  4. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

While I don't necessarily agree with the request, I'm sick of people spouting this misinformation. I don't know what it's like overseas, but here in Australia, a retailer could get into trouble for saying what you just said. Our consumer laws are very specific...

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Good luck with that.

6. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

I don't need luck. I've already had a $150 AUD kickstarter refunded because the developer failed to meet their goals. And I came damn close to returning Elite: Dangerous (including a physical collector's edition) until the developer added my name into the game as promised on their kickstarter page (after failing to contact me to do so earlier).

"Good luck" throwing your money at products and hoping you receive them.

Nelzie, digriz and Mykll like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I was around back in 2014 too. I fiddled with a few releases, on and off, until the 'final wipe announcement' was made. Then I started playing for real. There was a HUGE amount of hype on forums, I got several emails about the persistence date, etc. etc. If you were following the game even a little bit you'd have known final wipe was happening and if you wanted a fresh world that was when you should have started playing. There was a huge deal made about the 'lot selection' period as well to allow higher pledge backers to get first pick on where they wanted to live.

I mean, I get the frustration of wanting both a "fresh world" and a "finished product" but that's just not ever existed.

Really though, does it matter? I mean, so what if your neighbour's house is more decorated than yours is? So what if there are other people doing stuff you can't do yet because you have to put in the hours to level up - they simply already put in the hours. The game isn't going anywhere, hopefully for a long time. You can catch up. The fact that there's people 'ahead' is actually good for you, both in that the game's in a much better place due to the tireless efforts/testing/feedback of those people, and the fact that you have people to ask for help and you don't need to rough it. And if you WANT to rough it, you still can! Just don't buy things off vendors and solo everything on private mode, world is still fresh then and you can do your own pace.

Nelzie likes this.
  8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

This is a completed game and they met most of what they promised. So again good luck. I don't throw money away that I am not willing to risk.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Players can catch up. One new player is adventuring level 85 after a few weeks. I am sorry you are disappointed. I believe the game has a lot to offer still with much more coming. I would be happy to show you around. I am Majoria in the game and if you decide to come join us I would be happy to answer any questions. But most of all I wish you well. If you try it and after a while you give up and want out then you can sell your account but please get advice from someone reputable like @Lord Andernut . But I hope you will stay and give the game a chance.

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread due to derailments. We've answered the question of a 'Full Server Wipe', to which there will not be one.

Barugon, Retlaw and Kain Darkmoor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.