Hire a boat in Harvest

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Putzaroo, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StPhil

StPhil Avatar

I just dyed all 5 pieces of armor yellow. No change in the dialog. Is there a way to just freaken delete a quest from the log so it's not cluttering up the UI?

Tamsen and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Putzaroo

Putzaroo Avatar

Wait wait... we can do this?..

3. Hermedic

Hermedic Avatar

So I just also tried to talk to the guy and he told me I wasn't prepared. Took Boat anyway as someone suggested.... and nothing still have the mission :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

My experiments with AoE damage have proved inconclusive but I will keep trying. The housing merchant that sold me a crate for 2000 gold that was just a wood cube is goin' down! The fact that I can't attack him even while flagged fuels my hatred even further, lol.
    I thought of trying to bribe @Atos to put a hit on him but I suspect that I don't have enough.

5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

You saw the ferryman? What luck... nobody was there when I went. Took the boat anyway. :confused:

I eventually did get in to see Grannus without ever talking to the ferryman. However, there was an object I needed to go back for

It was Brigid's Amulet of Testimony

6. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

The conversation still goes around in circles in Build 614. He asks if I'm ready to go to Estgard, but no response moves the conversation forward.

7. Bink

Bink Avatar

I still can't go on here.

After telling Khary the ferryman I'm on official business withe the amulet,
    he told me, he has booked a passage for me.
    Then he asked me:
    "If you're ready to go, we can set sail for Estgard portside now.
    Are you ready to go now?"

And here it ends for me again.
    No matter what I answer, it does not go any further.

Please Mr. Lum, help me out here. I still despair.

8. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I have the same issue - you can just take the small boat with red sails at the pier. Enter Estgard after discussing your business with the guards and continue with the quest. As stated by others I found the whole Courage quest to be heavily bugged - but you can conclude it.

Edit: I reported this as a bug in the current release

9. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Same here. Story is stuck at that point despite official business.

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I have had a few issues similar.

I was told to exit Highvale, after getting the amulet of testimony. Well shucks, I looked around first and then exited probably out the wrong gate. So that instruction is still locked in my journal.
    And in Harvest I looked around but couldn't see a ferryman. And there was a boat just begging to be taken to Estgard. So I took it, proceeded on, saw Grannus, and the mission is completed.
    But I still have tasks in my journal that are not cleared.

Similar issues with the love quest. I had completed it before it was further polished - although I freed Sequanna etc, I still had messages that I should meet Samael outside Malice. So I tried that again, yes he was there, there was a bit more in depth dialogue in Malice (good) but when we got to Sequanna (still there) she wouldn't give me anything. Probably because I already had it.

Not overly worried, I'm looking forward to resetting these quests and doing them again after launch. But if feedback helps in polishing that's good.

Also the dialogue boxes kept on popping out in Estgard and Valhold, also Skrekk. And the keywords below were missing, so had to do the old thing of going back through the text - probably just polish.

Apart from that - great story.

[Edit - and minor spoiler - I didn't wear anything yellow. And no problem at all. Don't believe everything you are told......:)]

11. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Here's some spoilers how I managed to "complete" the quest in R42 (literally yesterday)

Leaving Harvest:
    The ferry man is at the waterfront in central Harvest, either fishing or close to his booth.
    I didn't wear yellow in the beginning and he told me to get something yellow and also warned about contraband (coconuts). bought yellow dye and dyed my coat (don't know if that is relevant).
    The dialogue if I was ready is broken - I just took the red boat to Estgard.

Estgard:
    You arrive at the dock-side gate. I spoke with the guards and they wanted to have Brigid's testimony. Which I reluctantly handed over (as Brigid had instructed me to give it only to Grannus). The guards handed it back to me and allowed me to enter - but urged me to travel to Valhold directly.

Valhold:
    With the testimony I was allowed by the guardians of Grannus' hall to enter. I don't remember the dialogue anymore but at some point they asked me in.
    Dialogue with Mara was broken for me - didn't stop me from finishing the quest.
    Dialogue with Essen worked and he handed me two items. Also you learn about a missing nobleman called Aurel. (Most NPCs won't recognize this name, though)
    Look around the groundfloor / dining room area for some other clues about Aurel

Demig's Battlecamp
    With the "Royal Writ of Passage" from Essen I pass Knight Athard and meet Lord Demig.
    The dialogue is about the recent happenings in Valhold and you have to hand him the items received from Essen. Lord Demig then asks you to be his messenger to King Korabar of the Kobolds.

Skrekk
    Skrekk - within Skrekk you do not need to fight. However getting there can be difficult for lower level Avatars. There's a direct tunnel filled with "Red Spiders" and "Large Red Spiders". After a respawn got me I decided to do the good, old... run above the hill and survive long enough to get into Skrekk tactic.

Within Skrekk you have to hand Demig's note to the Kobold Guardian. After letting me pass the dialogue was interuppted as the NPC walks away and is no longer reachable.

Next stop is advisor "Krishach" in the Kobold city main hall. The hall is trully nicely designed, it reminded me a lot of "The Labyrinth" - was missing Huggle and Jennifer Conelly, though.

Krishach dialogue is interesting, however the item hand-over didn't work for me. I decided to go to King Korabar never the less.

King Korabar
    King Korabar resides in his throne room on the top level (second stairway is slightly hidden in one of the back rooms.
    Talking to him worked fine and at some point in time you hand him over the items you received earlier from Essen and Demig.
    Some fight happens with Lord Demig taken the eternal leave.
    You will be transported back to Valhold at no cost or danger.

Valhold Throne Room Finale
    I was teleported back, facing armed Lady Mara and Sir Essen .
    A dialogue started which was partly broken (no keywords).
    The Kobold's retreat was reported by Essen and I could bring some light into Aurel's whereabouts (+25k Exp +1k gp)

The story continues and Lord Demig joins, talking about a warrant (I believe in the original quest line Lady Mara asks the avatar to deliver it).

The family quarrel comes to an end now (currently peaceful text only) and Grannus enters the stage.
    More explanation and dialogue, I received an artifact (scepter) and 100k EXP.

Re-reading some of the dialogue this path has certainly some good starts but the in-game experience needs some polish. (As has been confirmed by Portalarium.

Hope this helps you.

Roycestein Kaelstrom, Vyrin and hroth like this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'm stuck where he says that are we ready to go now? He is willing to take me at this point but nothing I say gets us going.

- Took advice and pressed on the boat myself for now.
    -Talked to the big guy then Mara. I left the town and realized I missed Essen. went back and now he just keeps saying follow me lets talk upstairs but he never leaves the room. (update: he will follow you if you exit and come back in and talk again. its been about 6 times having to switch back and forth between multiplayer and friend to get him upstairs.)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and hroth like this.
  13. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

I was able to speak with Mara. She stops halfway, but then if you open the door to the bedroom, she'll talk about Ferig and give you a warrant.

14. MaverickJesterX

MaverickJesterX Avatar

Same trouble here. SoTA developers please read this thread :)

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Why is this quest still a problem a year later ? The guys dialogue still says I'm ready to take you, then if you say yes, he doesn't understand you, if you say let's go he says where ? you say Estgard he says the "I cannot help thee with that" response he has. The ship with the red sail he's by takes me back to Novia. I crossed over once and then left without completing the quest, when I go back this happens.

16. Floors

Floors Avatar

If other players run into this just go north and take the ferry to mud from the overland map from that town in the north of harvest.

17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You can also just click the boat from harvest on the overland map

18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Can confirm this. Reset my quests yesterday and replayed this part with the same questions mentioned above. Went to the overland map, clicked on the boat and viola...quest advanced. Not very intuitive for new players, I definitely agree.

19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I have been avoiding doing quests and know literally nothing about this one, but the color yellow mentioned in this thread made me think of a Norgard shirt I looted in Ulfheim. It was yellow. Maybe you have to be wearing some yellow Norgardish thingy? Maybe there is an NPC somewhere who will give you a yellow outfit?

Probably not, but Lum seems to be holding his tongue as if there were a spoiler he didn't want to reveal.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  20. Mervil

Mervil Avatar

The quest worked fine for me once I read the Sota developers are you prepared starting line so maybe people are just not doing it in the right order?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.