No Maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orlac, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orlac

Orlac Avatar

Why do some scenes have no maps? Mines, woods, swamps. Some do, some don't. Is this intentional , or just not done yet?

2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

PRivate instances, as they appear in quests, generally don’t have maps. One workaround is to use the web version.
    There’s also a few scenes that currently have no map. These will be added in the next releases.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because they've been working on the rest of the game. Most of the maps that we do have right now were made before they bought out sotamaps. They'll catch up sooner or later.

4. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

Hopefully, they update soon as it does get a little frustrating playing without a map. Or a map that isn't working right. But it is getting better, so I'm not complaining.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

Personally, I think adding un-cloned/finished maps and insuring the ones that are in are working properly should be high priority, because a lot of younger players (and even older ones like me, that use to create my own maps on graph paper, but was over joyed when I no longer had to create them myself) are so use to them now, that they may stop playing SotA, because of the lack of a complete/working in-game map system. Then again I would also love to be able to make my own notes on the in-game map and in my journal, and I would really, really, really love a fog of war on the maps that slowly clear for me as I explore them. Especially, since I sometimes get lost or turned around while looking for the rune stones on most maps that have them, as the game maps are so large, and without the fog of war I can't tell where I already searched for the one or two rune stones I still have to find to finish a puzzle.

6. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

This is not intentional. Sometimes there are versions of scenes that are made special for a certain stage of a quest. If you find a map that usually shows up, but doesn't when you are on a quest, please bug report it!

I would really like this feature as well. I have done some preliminary research on an implementation, and it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult - just a matter of prioritizing the work.

I agree with you.

Often times we don't have the new version mini-map for scenes that are uncloned, so we remove the map from the database entirely so that people aren't confused by the old mini-map. Our intention is to have mini-maps for every scene. We will continue to release mini-maps as soon as we complete them. Updating the mini-maps doesn't require a client patch, so we can release the maps as soon as we get them.

Thank you all for the interest in our map system - feel free to watch the Map Updates thread for more details. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/map-updates.106776/

7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I had this in Hilt and Resolute Sewers. Could access the map from Resolute but got an error when I was in the sewers.
    Left the maps but will /bug next time I encounter something similar

8. Thulmor Kingslayer

Thulmor Kingslayer Avatar

Will there ever be a marker on the mini map for groups? If a player in a group gets ahead of you you cannot find them unless they pop back up somewhere in that zone before you. Just have markers on the maps showing where grouped players are moving to so we can track them within the party.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Seeing party members on the mini-map show up as different colors or something would be so excellent.

10. Irrehaare

Irrehaare Avatar

I have noticed this too. Annoyingly the map is also buggy. At times it will stop showing your location and tracking you. The only way to fix this is to logout and login back again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.