I miss the old Add-Ons Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hemswal The Descended, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Are my guild and I alone in this stance? (No, I didn't scour the forums looking for posts like this one)

We're happy that items are available on coto merchants. Absolutely love that, in fact! However, we did also enjoy buying with cash from the Add-Ons portion of the web store. Especially during telethons.

Is there some reason the items cannot be in both places? Or perhaps have the items on the Add-Ons store and have their coto value and location they can be purchased in game?

I dunno, maybe I just don't like change. What do you guys think?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No I miss it too but I'm not sure all features of the in game add on store are yet available. I think it's still a work in progress. At least I'm hoping so. ;)

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I understand making the site less "clutter" for new users the benefit to the COTO market in game. But, it would be nice to buy from the site and not have to try to find which vendor had the house i wanted or how to get them.

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

A big reason was to try to dial back the impression that the game is massively RMT, and that you have to buy everything. At least, when you're talking about the items being in-game through the COTO merchants, a player can't help but see all the ways items can be obtained without spending real-life cash, first (by playing through the game).

I agree with this, even if it adds some inconvenience.

Maybe some kind of compromise, like you can enable the cash shop manually in your account settings... and it's off by default.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    K1000, Tiki Pirate, Applerust and 8 others like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I miss it and often referred to it, although I only purchase things during Telethons. It would be interesting to know if more add-ons or fewer add-ons will be sold by in-game COTO merchants.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The last time i looked (and asked in a post mortem) the goal was that ALL items are on the coto merchants. Past, present and future.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

In-game coto merchant is still a pain to browse. I would love to see better UI for this.

K1000, 3devious, Tiki Pirate and 11 others like this.
  8. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

ALSO... In the old store, I could easily see if I had purchased any item. I recently could not find something I though I had purchased in my inventories, and I have no way now that I know of to double check to see if I actually purchased it or if it was lost to a bug.

Kara Brae and Numa like this.
  9. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Pretty sure I heard all item will be visible on the addon store during the telethons.

Applerust, Spoon and Numa like this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

This is what I was thinking too. It's one good way to break the impression that SOTA is primarily RMT. Having much of the store items ingame on the COTO merchants also adds to the immersion.

Tiki Pirate likes this.
  11. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I hope this is correct.

12. Selene

Selene Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tore-reduction-crown-bundle-repricing.110157/
    At the very least, everything that will be on the "wheel of deals" will be in the store for the telethon (which is.. almost everything).

Numa likes this.
  13. Toff

Toff Avatar

Well as much as I miss the easy of buying from the add-on-store I few nice and unexpected advantages have been added via the Crown merchant....Like buying items previously bundled in packages piece meal, like castle walls, you don't have to buy the whole $100 dollars worth if you only want a corner section. Other things on the Crown merchant are the same. But I completely agree that the UI has to be improved soon, and we should have a way to get better information on the items listed, the add-on-store gave nice pictures and useful information about the item you are buying, the Crown merchant is more like "Buyer Beware" disclaimer.

Elwyn and Rentier like this.
  14. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

As for the stuff we bought up until now (RL $ in the addon shop) we can check on our account page. Going forward however, it looks as though we'll have to keep our own notes.

Numa and Rentier like this.
  15. Toff

Toff Avatar

Solazur..... I'm not sure I want to keep track anymore LOL. Ignorance is bliss.

Solazur, Numa and Barugon like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Hahaha, for sure. The list is already way too long.

Solazur likes this.
  17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

heh. and on the really bright side... it should decrease spousal aggro.. no more.. "you spent what on WHAT?"

Rentier and Tiki Pirate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.