Basic understanding of PVP & the Reasons it wont thrive here!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Johnwick, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I dunno, from what I hear, people have been kicking each others asses left and right to place a house in Blood Bay.

[​IMG]

2112Starman, hroth and Numa like this.
  2. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

You can whine all you want, but its not going to change one way or the other. I did not say whining was unjustified, i need correct that statement. Ive just learned to go with the blows of the game and adapt, i was actually trying to give experienced advice on the whole pvp thing, and to also state i was not satisfied with the pvp aspect of the game, of course all my opinion. So dont put words in my mouth please. Keep crafting eventually ill buy from you, i hate crafting. Just to clarify any misunderstandings i know your a good crafter..so that is not a degrading statement.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    eli, liz_the_wiz and hroth like this.
  3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Given the pvp crowd is rather smallish and does not dole out that much money for decorative things i doubt there will be an game you want made beside pure arena or counter style games.
    If you follow Lord Britishs interviews you see that he considered the very open pvp in UO an problem, because face it, 95% or more of the pvp crowd delight in flattening toons that are not min maxxed for pvp but other things, plus points if the player is annoyed.

4. eli

eli Avatar

Well, port has been teasing skill capped PvP zones since r46, but they keep pushing out the deadline...

Someone needs to remind them that there is a problem, and they already know a solution. so yea, i think whining could change one way or the other [sic]

Numa, Johnwick and Gorthyn like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

ah the age old topic. PvP and Sota.

This game has so much potential for PvP if they could afford to build out a system but they just haven't had the resources and time to build our cool systems like they could. The best example being seiges. Sieges (and PvP) could also be totally awesome if they had the money and resources to build it out, put a group of 5 developers on it for a month and come up with something awesome. Unfortunately this has been the case for many things in SOTA where you end up with a system that they could only put one dev on it for 5 days (and it shows in many places). We can only hope that they somehow get a focus in the next few years.

PvP numbers in SOTA are low because the system is just not there. Im a PvP'er, been doing it since UO days and I haven't PvP'ed in sota for a year and honestly have no plans to. Virtue League is about the best it gets for PvP in SOTA.

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Yep, there just needs to be rewards. Hell, even a simple leaderboard will let the games begin.

Johnwick likes this.
  7. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

You may be underestimating how much effort goes into all of these systems and the work load it would take for new robust mechanics and systems. That isn't to say the work shouldn't be done. But a lot of "new features" that show up in a release have probably been incrementally built upon for several months prior to their showing up in game.

Johnwick likes this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dont feel I am and I wouldn't say it if I didn't not only feel that this is the case (watching stand-ups for the past 3 years) but also have a pretty good idea about it being involved in game development in my past as well as managing developers (one of my divisions) over the past 25+ years in a scrum environment.

9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This while Blood Bay housing sounds fun. Too bad all those new players from the launch will not get to experience it till it’s too late.

10. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I dont really personally consider it whining anyhow, "getting a point across" is how i would put it. Sone people craft all of thier time in game and others grind all of thier time, its the same difference, 2 different types if play. I know pvp is broke, but just because my toy truck broke when i was young didnt stop me from playing with it, it just became a hover truck (adapting to it helps)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.