Full Truth Armour Questline (not just the chest and helm)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Trina, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Every part of the Virtue Armor is in game now:)

2. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Thanks for this. I have been hunting for over a week and have managed to get the truth and love gloves but the courage eludes me (I assume that is the bounty hunter slip) so will continue to grind it.

The combinations I have had so far:

Survey ticket(Seems to keep dropping for me): Stag, wolf, dog, corpion

Prayer card: Corpion

Given my results and your ones it looks completely random. I thought maybe certain scenes as well had better chances to spawn npcs but found that the survey ticket npc spawned everywhere (plains, plains road, forest, desert) so that theory went out the window.

I am a little hindered in my grind too as I am adv level 55 so if a high level mob spawns (Dragon, obsidian bear, darkstarr corpion) I have no hope to survive. I haven't even bothered trying a troll scene

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Miraya Jerre

Miraya Jerre Avatar

I'm in the same boat right now. Adventurer level 55, and every time I try an animal encounter it's either nothing happens, or a red named mob spawns and kills me in 1 or 2 hits if I don't run away fast enough.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Virtue Armor & Road Encounters
    The mentioned person appears random after defeating all encouners you find in the scene. This may be:

Corpions (keep care: last one is a DarkStarr Corpion!)
    You can meet the encounter at Southeast Blackblade Mountains (South of the Oracle Colossus, North Quel way in the south leads there), Northern Grunvald Barrens or Desolis

Trolls
    You can meet them south of Sawtooth Thicket in the pass to Quel region)

Wolves, Grey Wolves, Timber Wolves, Elder Wolves, Obsidian Bear
    Look around at the overworld map ...

Stags (keep care: last one can be a Dragon!)
    You can meet them next to Boreas Colossus, for example.

These are things working.

I got all three virtue armor parts by doing repeatedly Corpions :)

5. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

I was able to get all three from the Corpions too

6. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I did the wolves in the forest road encounter (Solace Forest) for all 3 gloves.

7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I did countless encounters (for farming gold) but beside an dragon who one shot me nothing, so i still consider it a myth (and honestly care not anymore for the armor, I make better myself by now)

Important with quests is that the reward should be obtainable before the player way outgrows it, or it becomes an pure piece of junk you can not even display in any way because we do not have manequins.

With random encounters that are so rare that someone farming encounters for gold does not encounter them ...well nuff said.

I went into Sota with the high hope that they do not the reverse hero story where the hero slays the dragon to obtain the dragon slayer armor (duh, he killed the critter, it is obvious he does not need the armor!) but it is same old, farm the higest level beasts to gain the armor (that you need to craft it afterward.. be honest, it is slapping stuff onto an workbench, press button.)

So maybe make the armor worth the effort please?

Because i see no point in doing 1k encounters and maybe i get something out i will definitly have no use for beside "Oh look, shiny"

It is waste of my time, waste of the time of the people designing the quest (because i do not waste of time quests)

I do not ask for the one hit dragon slayer wondersword, or the armor of not-even-gods-can-hit-you, just things one can reasonable say are either an nice trophee or practical (and as said, not the reverse hero slays dragon) thing, it annoys, one of the reasons i shelved making bone armor, farming dragons is fundamentally bleh, dragons should be the pinnacle of your career, not another farming critter for armor parts, it is degrading to dragons and cheapens the experience if you look into the 500th dragon and go "bleh, only haunch and loot worth 4k but no neckbone.|"

Quests should reap rewards usefull to your level, armor for dragon slaying BEFORE slaying dragons.

Proper order of things in the storyline and all that old fashioned crap.

Boo Ladedada likes this.
  8. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

So... what do I look for in these encounters? Say Ive killed all the wolves in the T5 plains encounter, do I need to skin them all? Nothing seems to spawn after. On the corpion encounter, sometimes a darkstarr corpion pops up, but that is it, I see nothing else. Anything I'm missing or is it rare like this?

9. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

You have to kill all mobs in the scene including bears and an obsidian bear for an npc hunter, pilgrim or an ecologist to appear in the scene. Then talk to him.

algumacoisaqq likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the plains wolves encounter is not a scaling animal encounter. it's all the same wolf.

11. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

The mobs come in two waves. You kill the first set and more will spawn. The second was a little more difficult.

I had to kill everything before the NPC would come out. Also keep in mind that not all encounters have the NPC.

12. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq Avatar

In the end, Ive managed to get them all from the corpion near southeast blackblade mountain. I think that every time I killed the darkstarr corpion the npc showed up.
    Thanks!

Mishras likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.