[Feedback] In my opinion!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by tableclown, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tableclown

tableclown Avatar

1.) QoL Bones should be left behind after skinnning/looting for death magic's "corpse explosion" spell. Also, would be nice to have an ability to spawn a corpse.

2.) Travelling from one point to another especially as a new player is a bit overwhelming. Mainly because all I was looking for was some recipes for crafting. I spent 2 hours going from Highvale to Ardonis and the city is massive. I go hunt and hunt bandits/wildlife until I'm heavy then go to sell/salvage. It's a time consuming process mainly because of travel times. This is a personal gripe, I know. Mounts or speed buffs would be cool.

3.) Optimization and memory leak... This should be a huge priority. I'm forced to run on the "fastest" setting because the game isn't even close to optimized. (980GTX, Win10 64-bit, i7-5820K processor, 16GB ram....

4.) Crafting UI / QoL Huge opportunity here to make it more user friendly. Like having tooltip notes on reagents telling us what recipe its used in once the recipe is discovered.

5.) Resources need to be easier to see. ESPECIALLY, things like mandrake, garlic, nightshade.... I mean, I don't own a home so I don't see myself growing plants. The only way for me to get these is through going out and finding them. (Don't wanna spend gold)....

6.) Loot tables could be better. Keep killing bandits and finding the exact same drops on them. Sometimes a potion or a scroll, but rare... I would like to see more variety. Also, more armors / weapons... Like an archer being able to drop worn leather or something... I mostly find carpentry salvages from bandit camps... Need more cloth/smith salvages. =-D

7.) I'm struggling to grasp "progression" in this game. All my skills that I use in combat are 40-50 and passives 20-30... I just crafted a full cloth set and a maple staff +1 and after looking around comparing gear/loot, I don't really see much improvement if I were to have it +10 for example. The difference is a few stat points... I'm not really able to kill higher monsters yet since I started.... I enter a tier 3 zone and 300+ HP monsters still steamroll me. My dmg only slightly increased since I began.... So I must ask... How does one "progress" in this game as a solo player? Or will I be grinding tier 1-2 until my skills are much higher than 50? Maybe I need skill level 80-100 to get to tier 3+???

More to come...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Great feedback! I'll try to help you on a few of those things...

1. Leaving some bones behind after skinning would be a cool effect. However, every object in the world is a small hit on performance. They are trying to improve performance every way they can, so I doubt adding this QoL feature would be worth it. Love the idea though.

2. Travelling is indeed a setback, especially for newer players with lower strength where encumbrance kicks in often. I have several suggestions that will help with this though:
    A. Make your way over to Owl's Head on the Hidden Vale (Boat near Brittany will take you to Hidden Vale) and seek out Nob the Stable boy. Find the right key words and he will give you a set of coconuts. This is the "mount" that you are looking for. Equip them both and you will move faster. The only drawback is you can't interact with NPC's or objects while they are equipped... but for travelling on the overworld map, these are a must have.
    B. Strength is your friend. Look through your skill trees (K shortcut) and train up skills that improve your strength ASAP. Not only does it increase your carrying capacity, but it also increases your health stat and will increase your damage with any melee weapon.
    C. In addition to skills that increase Strength, there are Devotionals (buffs) that last 8 hours and there is one (Courage) that increases your Strength stat by 5. There is another (Love) that increases your Dexterity. When you get encumbered, both your strength and dex take a hit, so having these 2 buffs can help counter those debuffs.
    D. Potions - There are some potions that you can use to give you 10 minute long buffs. In particular, you can drink Speed of the Wolf (run speed modifier), Potion of Might (str), and Potion of Deftness (dex). You can't drink them on the overworld map, but you can drink them just before you exit an adventure scene and they will last 10 minutes.
    E. In the light armor tree, there is a skill called Swiftness. It increases both your attack speed and your running speed when wearing light armor (chest piece is the only one checked for this to kick in). Get that and raise it up ASAP, then put on cloth or leather chest piece when you just want to run around.
    F. Set up a "Travelling" deck. Hit Y to open your available decks, and make one specifically for travelling. Add Sprint and/or Dash to it when you learn them, Strength buff skills like "Strength of Earth" from the Earth Tree, then fill out the rest with some heals and a few attacks just in case you need to defend yourself running through a scene... and most importantly... equip all light armor pieces and then hit the "Use Current Equip" button to make sure that gear is loaded when you switch to that deck. That will let your Swiftness skill buffs kick in and add to your run speed.
    G. If you want to take it a step further, there are "Obsidian Potions of Capacity" that you can buy for COTOS. They last one week and will double your carrying weight.
    Other than that, I'd just suggest seeking out gear that has strength buffs on it to help you carry more before you have to run back to town.

3. To help with performance, I'd suggest upgrading to 32GB Ram and if you don't already have one.. a SSD hard drive in lieu of the typical 7200 RPM drives. This will greatly improve your scene load/unload times and make graphics in general much smoother.

4. Great idea on tooltips on the ingredients. Not sure how hard or resource taxing it would be to determine whether or not you learned the recipe... but I like the idea.

5. Resource nodes have come a long way. Now they have a soft blinking glow outline to them which we didn't always have. So if you think they are hard now, imagine how it used to be! If I could make a suggestion here though, I'd say to try to concentrate on finding one type at a time, and then going to areas where they have bunches of similar nodes in close proximity. I know that sounds obvious, but some things are more common in certain areas. For instance, garlic and nightshade are more common near undead creatures, especially near grave yards and such. Mandrake is more often found near swamps. Black Pearls are mostly found on the banks of streams/rivers/lakes. So, instead of grabbing whatever you find on your travels... seek out certain areas that have 1 or 2 of these and collect a bunch at once.

Hope that helps!

3. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Well that explains my performance is all over the place...I have just 8 :D

majoria70, Lained and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  4. tableclown

tableclown Avatar

Well a memory leak will eat any amount of ram... Still needs to be looked into / dealt with. =-D

FrostII likes this.
  5. Womby

Womby Avatar

I am managing just fine with 16GB RAM.

Sidorovich likes this.
  6. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Maybe its time to buy another 8gigs then. It's true that this is not a first game where it would be better if I had more ram.

majoria70 likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also like it or not our friends list is our fast travel system atm. Send friend request to as many players as you can. Some like a whisper notification but most know it is what it is. To friend players right click their avatar and click on the add friend option. Also you can touch the f key to open friends list and type in names then hit enter to send a friends request to someone. I always accept all friends requests.

I also advise to make sure you have zone chat enabled in one chat window. You can drag tabs out to place and resize where you like and lock with the pin. To see the chat windows touch enter then pin them. In the little blue gear next to the word tab is your customization options. Suggestion is to have one window your chat window and the other take the chat options out by unchecking them so you don't miss any communications from others. ;) Welcome new players. I am Majoria in game. This will save you a lot of travel time to teleport to scenes players are in. Then you can just be on your merry way. Please feel free to add me to your friends/teleport list. It will be my pleasure to help anytime. :)

edited

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.