Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Create 2 Spools of Thread

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by titan1978, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan1978

titan1978 Avatar

Quest given by Gilda. No matter how many spools I create, the quest never completes. I tried removing existing spools of threads in my inventory, in which case she (or any NPC that offers this quest) tells me to go create two spools again - when I create those, it doesnt register.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

3. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

this is happening to me as well - with Edwin in Soltown.

I was sure I’d done the quest, but it was still outstanding in my logs and sparkling, so I tried to clear ot out today.

He starts by asking me for the cotton, which I deliver

then he asks fot the threads, but no matter how many I generate, the crafting table remains bright blue and he goes back to asking me for cotton again.

my journal still states i need to do the threads and bolt of cotton, but he never ackowledges the threads in my inventory, and just keeps asking for cotton again.

Lashat likes this.
  4. titan1978

titan1978 Avatar

5. Makkaio

Makkaio Avatar

This also happens to me on Edwin.

6. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

Yep, I also have this bug.
    I got the quest in Resolute, gathered some wool, and I see a highlightes spinning wheel. After I made some spools, the npc (crafting supllies in resolute) won't advance my quest - nor would he let me buy supplies from him.

7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Seeing the same bug in resolute.

8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@titan1978
    All the crafting NPCs seem to be doing this, so if you start it at one, the others will behave in the same manner. Thank you for your report. Bug #: 57722

(And yes, you can only do this quest once, so you cannot repeat it with another crafting quest NPC after full completion)

Armaden Restal and Rentier like this.
  9. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I think it's a little worse then that. I've not completed this quest since resetting my quests, but am still seeing this behavior. It might not be affecting new players, but for those of us who reset our quests, it's certainly an issue.

10. defilerx

defilerx Avatar

Same issue for me in Resolute. This is also a Brand New Character as of last week, so there is no way possible I have done this quest before. I wiped my old character after being gone the last year so I could start fresh and experience it from the beginning.

Crafting merchant wont even let me buy anything from him, continually asks for me to make the thread, and I have made 10 now, but the quest never updates. As others have said, once I run below 12 cotton, merchant/quest giver converts back to "Bring me 12 cotton" speech. Quest entry still stays on the "supply 2 thread" piece. The correct crafting station *is* lighting up, which i know was a problem release 51. Have tried every key word I can think of but he just replies with the same 2 conversations, "Bring me 2 thread" or if below 12 cotton "Bring me 12 cotton".

11. denym_

denym_ Avatar

Same issue for me in Soltown. New and first char.

12. Lashat

Lashat Avatar

Armaden Restal likes this.
  13. Euler d'Moogle

Euler d'Moogle Avatar

Same here, got this bug and now the crafting supply merchant in Resolute won't sell me anything.

14. MoonWyrd

MoonWyrd Avatar

I hit this bug with Edwin in Soltown as well. After making two spools of thread he just reverts to saying cotton needs to be gathered.

Armaden Restal likes this.
  15. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

for some reason this quest is telling me to use the tanning station. look at the compass at the top
    [​IMG]

16. Raldor

Raldor Avatar

I'm having the same issue. I picked up the quest from Bledig in Resolute.
    1. Bledig asked me to gather 12 cotton
    2. I gathered the cotton and spoke to him again
    3. He asked me to make 2 spools of thread
    4. I made the thread and spoke to him again
    5. He reverted and asked me to gather 12 cotton..
    I repeated this entire process multiple times, always with the same problem.
    Today I noticed the quest journal says "Edwin" wants me to create the thread. After some googling, I realized Edwin is another NPC that gives the same quest, so I traveled to Soltown to speak to him.
    1. When I spoke to him, he noticed I was carrying cotton and directed me to make 2 spools of thread.
    2. I made the thread and spoke to him again
    3. He again told me to make 2 spools of thread.
    So I think I'm done trying to complete this quest until it's fixed, unless anyone has a workaround.

17. Empathia

Empathia Avatar

Same happening to me in Soltown - crafting station flashing blue & I can't now use the NPC to purchase items as he is stuck in a loop of waiting for the 2 spools of thread, which I keep crafting but they won't register as completed

18. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Same for my new character in Eerie, got the 2 spools but quest wont move on, cant buy from merchant now, and TANNING station is highlighted blue not the Textiles staion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.