Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caillend

Caillend Avatar

I have a question, since the kill tracker / xp tracker does show the XP always as 0 for mobs. Do I have to set something up in the game or do I miss something here?

2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Yes, you have to load the XP values (of course they changed this last build for some creatures).

3. Caillend

Caillend Avatar

Do you happen to have one that is more or less accurate?

4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Sorry, no. I am currently HUD less. My guildmate runs it right now.

5. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Homebase is whatever it shows up when you first zone in but haven't changed zones yet, so it doesn't know where you're at.
    I'll try to take a look at it next week, linux is always the lowest tested of the group just because we don't have as many users and it has such a wide variance in window managers. Pretty sure the OK button issue is that.

6. Archer

Archer Avatar

OK button used to work, so I don't know if it is a regression or changes to my distro. If you need additional Linux testers, I'm more than happy to help.

7. vetrom

vetrom Avatar

OK button on settings fails for me too. Ubuntu Xenial, running `mutter` as teh WM.

8. Nightsong

Nightsong Avatar

@Umuri ri I am new to Shroud & am loving it

Your Mod has so many helpful features & sounds awesome & couldn't wait to try it out.

I have downloaded your SotaHud, opened it & opened the game.
    I really hope I don't get slammed & called an idiot for my request but here goes....
    I'm almost embarrassed to say this out loud among the computer smart posters here,
    but I was "lost" from the start :oops:
    It was simple things, like I couldn't move the windows on the screen.

I have skimmed through 17 pages of this thread & my head is spinning.
    Many posters have asked questions & you have replied to each query.

Could you please make a FAQ - Newbie User Guide & add it to the 1st post?
    I am sure there would be others out there like me, that want to use the features of SotaHud,
    but feel overwhelmed & give up.
    I really want to use SotaHud, but with the learning curve of Shroud,
    my poor little brain can only so with so much new information....

*skulks away in embarrassed shame & crawls back under her rock*

radi and Kara Brae like this.
  9. catch22atplay

catch22atplay Avatar

I'm not seeing any hits over 999 and i do hit over that and have confirmed in the log using notepad++. Is this because it's comma delimited in sota hud and so it won't show any value after the comma? If so is there a possible fix in the works?

I must ask. Is it required to types /stats every time you start the game for all of these features to work?

10. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

I will hopefully have time to checkout the linux issues tonight. Crazy weekend.

There is now that you've mentioned that, It hadn't come up before so it wasn't on my buglist. :) Thank you for the report!

Only the stats panel, not much else uses it.

11. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Linux update up. 0.7.1 fixes the OK button issue. Turns out certain distros are turning the text from OK to &OK to hardcode the quick key.
    Linked at http://umuri.com/SOTA/SotaHUD-0.7.1-LINUX.tar.gz
    No mac release, I have nothing to develop or test on for that ecosystem.
    Hopefully when this gets open sourced someone will start building one.

12. Archer

Archer Avatar

Thanks for the fix, I can get into the app now.
    Experience window is broken. All creatures killed are considered in the Homebase region and the creature name is preceded by a time in square brackets making each unique. Consequently no experience is known as they match nothing in the Db.

Title shows the version as still 0.7.0

When you open source the code, will you be putting it on Github? If you want to put it on a repo, I'd be happy to provide PRs to help with formatting to a standard style, fixing minor problems, etc.

13. Archer

Archer Avatar

I start SotAHud from a terminal window and I'm seeing this error message every few seconds: "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile". I don't have the map open and I can't think of any thing else that should be trying to open an image file every 2-5 seconds.

14. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Open source is next on my list tbh, and yeah it will go on github/someplace similar. Probably github.
    As for the bugs, argh. I'll see if i can get a hotfix out for 0.7.2 this weekend, as that's an important feature. I have an idea what refactor probably caused it.

As for the sRGB profile... ugh, i hate -hate- that section of the QT library, it's annoying. Odds are it's something in the window redraws, one of the tiny icon buttons. I'll see if i can sneak that one in there, it depends. There's not a foolproof conversion i can just throw everything through, what works for most bases sometimes doesn't for others.

FrostII likes this.
  15. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

So if you have the timestamps enabled, the DPS graph gets sorted by [TIME] {Name} instead of just {Name}.

16. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Ok, so the timing thing works fine on my end, so my bet is you are actually running into the issue people had around 0.5/0.6( i forget when i added this). Which is that your system locale does not use portalarium standard time format.

To fix this, go into your settings->Configuration.
    Go to the Advanced tab.
    You will find a setting Log DateTimeFormat, which usually defaults to "M/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AP" which is the format for [4/21/2018 1:56:15 PM].
    You will need to adjust this to match your time format that shows up in your log.

Here are some common locales people have had to use in the past, that the system -should- auto-detect.

M/d/yyyy h:mm:ss ap
    M/d/yyyy hh:mm:ss
    MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss
    M/d/yyyy hh:mm:ss

M is month, with no leading 0
    d is day with no leading 0
    MM is month with leading 0
    dd is day with leading 0
    yyyy is 4 digit year
    h is hour without leading 0
    hh is hour with leading 0
    m is minute without leading 0
    mm is minute with leading 0
    ss is seconds with leading 0
    ap is the am/pm designator.

If you cannot match it, please post a line or two from your log and i'll give you the format to put int here.

17. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Haha, you're going to love this one...

If I check the "Show Chat Timestamps" feature in Interface Options (in the SotA client) it doesn't just change the display in game, it begins logging with an extra timestamp!

Code:
    [4/22/2018 9:33:41 PM] Mac is now online.
    [4/22/2018 9:33:45 PM] Jay Fire is now offline.
    [4/22/2018 9:34:10 PM] Nicky Smith is now offline.
    [4/22/2018 9:34:11 PM] Jay Fire is now online.
    [4/22/2018 9:34:12 PM] Diego Mas is now online.
    [4/22/2018 9:34:32 PM] [9:34 PM] Giggity Goo is now online.
    [4/22/2018 9:34:33 PM] [9:34 PM] Drake Aedus: testing
    [4/22/2018 9:34:35 PM] [9:34 PM] Grendel Rose is now offline.

Can you guess when I enabled UI timestamps?

Umuri likes this.
  18. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

. . .
    @Chris - WTF. Really? That's a bit rediculous. Please tell me this is a temporary oversight.

For now I will say turn off show chat timestamps and rely on SotaHUD for seeing timestamps, just float the chat window where you normally float other things. if it stays like this for another release i'll code in a fix. But I would like to think this was just a poorly thought out feature that will be fixed.

Drake Aedus likes this.
  19. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

Hi,

It may sounds stupid, but even though the option of "Scroll to bottom..." is checked in View Menu all the logs, chats, etc...are always at the the top and even if there's a new event it doesn't scroll down automatically to the bottom. Any idea why this function is not working as it should do? I would like to use the combat window in place of a chat window in the game on a second display

Thank you for this great tool, amazing work!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Drake Aedus likes this.
  20. Archer

Archer Avatar

Mine is:
    [26/04/2018 00:18:29] [00:18] Hardened Skeleton Footman attacks Elder Wolf and hits, dealing 16 points of damage.
    [26/04/2018 00:18:29] [00:18] Elder Wolf attacks Hardened Skeleton Footman and hits, dealing 10 points of damage.
    [26/04/2018 00:18:30] [00:18] Elder Wolf attacks Hardened Skeleton Footman and hits, dealing 8 points of damage.
    [26/04/2018 00:18:30] [00:18] Hardened Skeleton Footman: (fighting) ...so much death...

Obviously mine is not the "portalarium standard time format" as I'm in the UK not US. Looks like the problem is not SotAHUD though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.