1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Store Credits Exchange to Gold Crowns: May 7th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

May 8 Update: The exchange of Store Credits into Gold Crowns has been completed! If you have any concerns about your account, please email support@portalarium.com.

Main Announcement:

When we first began our Crowdfunding campaign we created Store Credits to help facilitate the ability for players to purchase and store funds for future spending. As we have moved out of the Crowdfunding and Early Access phase and into commercial sales we have to review and revise several of our monetary policies. One of those that went into effect recently was was our legal obligation to charge taxes for specific territories. Another one of these is Store Credits which are not compatible with international banking laws for specific territories.

Our goal is to provide high quality, fair, and whenever possible, consistent service to all our global customers. Therefore we have made the decision to phase out Store Credits worldwide, rather then just removing them in some territories, while keeping them in other territories (like the US).

We do not want anyone to lose any value in this process so we are going to do an equal value exchange of all Store Credits and Store Credit Coupons worldwide to Gold Crowns on Monday May 7th at 11:00 AM CDT US. Whatever the amount of store credits you have as of that time and date you will get the best and closest exchange rate. For example if you have $100 in store credit you will receive 115 crowns.

This will affect all Portalarium, Travian, and Black Sun customers.

Note that we are investigating the possibility of adding the ability to spend Gold Crowns on the website but in the meantime you can spend them in game at any of our many Gold Crown Merchants. Additionally we are going to be adding Bundles to the in-game Crown Merchants in the next couple of releases (albeit without the ability to upgrade).

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2018
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Question: Is this already in effect? My store credits do show as $0 in my account settings, already have during the last livestream when I had been planning to spend them. Just asking if this is how it is intended, so I do not contact customer support without need.

3. golruul

golruul Avatar

Hmm, that sucks. I always bought the $5 credit during the telethons and eventually saved up to buy something larger.

Is that conversion date (May 7th) AFTER the next livestream? I would like to combine all my credits and then purchase a higher COTO package to get more per dollar spent.

4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It will be implemented on May 7th. Please email support if you are concerned about your current amount. Thanks!

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You won't see it listed there until you apply the store credit to your account. If you go to the add-on tab of your account page, you will find your store credit on that list. You can apply it to your account or gift it to another account from there.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, this date is AFTER the next livesteam.

7. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

we are able to upgrade later our POT with coto??? or bundles? my last 2 upgrades are high expensive to do it in one time...

8. DarkStarr

That is the exact issue that prevents us from keeping store credits internationally because we are storing currency like a bank. You will need to save the money yourself for now.

9. Sway

Sway Avatar

wait so a one to one ratio ? one store credit to one gold crown? so if I had $100 store credits and I let it sit there i'll get 100 gold crowns ? that would be me losing 15 gold crowns wouldn't it? cause I can buy gold crowns for 115 crowns for $100..
    maybe i'm reading this wrong.

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Well in that case, you can still use the store credit right now. So just apply it to your account and buy the cotos from the store before the 7th.

Edit: removed misleading info

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  11. DarkStarr

My apologies for any confusion but nowhere in the original post did it state a "one to one ratio". What it stated was "equal value exchange" which means whatever credits you currently have will be applied towards a purchase of crowns based on the exchange rate (hence the specifically chosen term "exchange").

12. Sway

Sway Avatar

to be clear, you will still be able to perches and upgrade the bundles on the on line store. you are adding the ability to buy a bundle with crowns off the vender, and that bundle perches in game from coto's will not be upgradeable? correct?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Sway

Sway Avatar

thank you

14. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

That makes absolute sense. International banking laws are strict and can vary from country to country. It was nice to save up store credits while it lasted, but I spent all mine the last telethon...err...postmortem :p.

I support this change 100%.

15. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

Could we store coto on the store and use them for store items?

A good example is black deserts pearls. You buy pearls with cash and use them for store items. A system like that possibly would get around the banking laws.

16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Are we going to know what this "equal value exchange" rate will be a reasonable amount of time (hint, now) beforehand? It would be nice to be able to make an educated decision whether I want to let my credit be converted, or spend it now.

17. DarkStarr

Yes it is the exact one that is on the website now.

18. DarkStarr

Yes you can, and will continue to be able to, buy and upgrade bundles on the store. Bundles in the game on crown merchants will simply be a collection of those items and will not be upgradeable.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really dislike this decision. For the livestreams, sometimes I only want to buy store credit and use it later. I most certainly don't want to instantly loose 20% by buying 4 cotos for $5.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There is no "exchange rate" listed on the website, unless I've missed it. What I do see are five different options for buying COTO on the Add-on Store.

If I have $100 in store credit, are you going to convert it to 80 COTO ($100 purchasing twenty $5 packs, 4 COTO per pack = $1.25 per COTO) or are you going to convert it to 115 COTO ($100 purchasing one $100 pack, 115 COTO per pack = ~$0.87 per COTO).

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.