Quests and PvP

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Pounce, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

{I never consentet to PvP, I hate the morons of the PvP crowd and there min maxxed chars and there idiotic tsake on "roleplay" (whiny voice "but i am playing an psychotic murderer i am supposed to kill everybody")

So WHY THE HELL I AM FORCED TO ENTER PvP ZONES FOR THE MAINQUEST

I got jumped after fights a few times now and had to leave zone

BECAUSE I AM NOT MIN MAXXED FOR PvP

I bought an game with the promise that i do not HAVE to PvP but

THE MAIN PART OF THE GAME FORCES ME TO.

Please

WRITE IN YOUR STUPID ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE GAME THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO PvP IF YOU WANT TO FINNISH QUESTS

Kaffe Nightbreeze likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you are not forced. EVERY place you need to go has an alternative, non-pvp route.

CatweazleX, Spoon and Mac2 like this.
  3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Not the oracle quest

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don’t PVP but please don’t call my friends morons. :(

If you encounter something in the game that you don’t like or understand, I recommend asking about it. You’ll still have the opportunity to get angry if you don’t like the answer.

CatweazleX, Mac2 and Alley Oop like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Pounce
    I've done the Oracle quest and did not have to go thru a PvP zone.
    If I remember right, there's an underground entrance to the area you need to access that is not PvP.
    I will say, that the option should be part of the quest dialog and not discovered here in the forums.

Nog, Cirsee, Weins201 and 3 others like this.
  6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

the pages you need are in vaults that not like the first three quests have underground acces, I was in the first two and searched every pixel for secret doors and what not, there is none.
    Having seen now the zones PvP players have for themself i have to say that it becomes very clear to me who the devs prefer. There is not half that much work put into zones for PvE.
    There was a time i really liked playing SoTa, that slowly becomes past.

FrostII and Weins201 like this.
  7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Is it still not part of the quest dialog?

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The journal entry tells you there are ways, but doesn't describe any of them. Sparklies on your compass do now indicate some of the routes, but nothing specifically directs you how to get around. I just redid the quest, and I was able to do the entire thing without entering a PvP area, but only because I've been running around long enough to know the routes.

Mac2 likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the quote was an example. my statement stands. i assume you're on the love quest. EVERY place you need to go has an alternative, non-pvp route.

Spoon and Mac2 like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@skeggy Media

Didn't you have vids showing how to get to the vaults going through the PvE zones?

11. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

The non PvP route needs to be much more explicitly sign posted in game. The hassle of trying to find them is one of the things putting me off doing the quests at the moment.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it's not that hard. They can be found using the map and some common sense easily enough.

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

no not the love quest, the oracle quest, thew quest you do after love honor and courage

14. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

This isn't world of wotsit, you need to think a bit more as you aren't led by the nose to each and every solution to a problem, for example npc's not being named until you've spoken to them, it's part of the dev's original concept for the game as per the advertisement. I did chuckle though as I'd expect the PvP'rs will look at your post with total incredulity and disbelief as IMHO it's not been balanced properly yet and there are very few active who aren't already many multiple GM's killing each other over and over. As stated above though using caps and calling people names isn't going to resolve your issues, try asking on forums or via SotA discord channel, there's usually a lot of friendly people who will offer their help to help you complete the quest and may even offer to come help you search it out.

Think of SotA as being more of an ultra marathon.

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

@Pounce Please, read thepeople trying tothelp you, when they say you DONT have to go through pvp.
    Btw, i finished Oracle yesterday, gone through 5 ruins and found no one. The sixth, i went through a mine, so i didnt cross PvP área.

16. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

All the vaults have non pvp undergroud access. The underworld is a huge maze, it's really interesting to explore. But it's not easy to find the way to a specific place without previous knowledge.

About pvp zones, I agree that they are usually well made and cool. But once you have seen them, they are not that worthwhile to hang out in except for the (very) occasional pvp fight.

17. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Look I am obvious not a challenge for anyone who played PvP for a week, the only reason one had to jump me is the usual PvP one, to spoil someone else fun, the "I was looking for an challenging fight" crap does not cut there.

I have it up to here with this nudging to PvP, I am done with theese people, sadly the DEV did not the smart thing and put them in other instances, no we have to share space with the L3Wt d00dz.

Yes i can not stand the PvP crowd and could call them names all day.

But the real issue is that for the pages there is no way around crossing the space the semi humans and social challenged crowd calls there own in Sota

Weins201 likes this.
  18. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Not sure where you get this nudging to PvP from as from what i can tell the dev's are looking to have it focused primarily in Blood Bay, there is a solution to quest you just have to circumnavigate the PvP zone. I agree it's not the best solution if you don't want to actively engage in PvP to complete said quest but there is always a different solution to avoid it.

With regards to your comments re players who PvP I think you're being a bit disingenuous towards them purely as the main age bracket that PvP in this game that I've come across are anything but lewt doods as this isn't the quick fix type of game someone can hop in and out of to stand any chance of wining a fight. There is a massive map with some quite excellent zones where you can quest and hunt quite happily and if you go into friends mode potentially avoid PvP'rs too. Either that or note who killed you and send them a /whisper and just expain your on a quest and they may let you pass. Getting ansty with any player will definitely set any considerations off on the wrong foot, but I will concede if their role players you may have no joy without offer some kind of bribe etc.

On the flip side even with your dislike of PvP EVL run a PvP contest each week on a Saturday that's open to all where you can either try it out with similar level and skill based opponents just send one of the leaders a message and they will mail you the invite book, Jade one of the EVL leaders is one of the nicest people I've met in game and she avoids PvP pretty much if not more than yourself but promotes and attends said events to help the community come together plus you get to meet other like minded folks and pick up hints tips and gear to help you out aswell as some new friends too.

In short i totally disagree SotA is focused on PvP and there are way more PvE'rs out there who can help make your experience of the game more enjoyable.

Fungus

PS I will say though that E N VY aka Midian is horrible but that's mainly because he comes from Wolverhampton in the UK unlike myself who's from the next town over called West Bromwich and in my eyes he will always be a dingle!

E n v y likes this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Again, just like all the nice people above has already told you. Yes there are "way around crossing the space the" bleep bleep bleep.
    If you want handholding then please follow my advice from earlier where if you search YouTube you will find vids of players showing how you solve this without even coming close to PvP.

So that isn't the real issue. The real issue is that you didn't get enough hints from the quest givers that you can completely bypass the Shardfalls/ruins entirely using the underworld.
    Where if you want that fixed I'd advice heading over to release feedback and add that as feedback for the devs to read.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@Pounce

You don't have to PvP if you don't want to. No main quest-line forces you into a PvP area (albeit there is the option if you wish). Not quite sure why you would want to suggest that PvPers are your intellectual inferior especially as you are typing in caps under the illusion that it makes your post more important and credible.

If you are unable to find the pathway through the game that avoids PvP, it would be far better if you politely asked for a hint or a walk-through. There are also plenty of videos around on YouTube that give a complete guide (both Non-PvP and PvP).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.