1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Stream with Us! Introducing the Shroud of the Avatar Livestreamer Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

UPDATE 2018-04-24: The first edition of the calendar has been announced!

Calling all livestreamers and livestream viewers across New Britannia! It is time we get the word out to new players and veteran Avatars about your channels. We’ve seen so many great in-game adventures being shown, we want to spotlight them for everyone else to experience!

We are announcing today a calendar program to make it easier for everyone to tune into their favorite streamer, and to support those who stream Shroud of the Avatar. Want to know when someone is on the air? Our calendar will have them listed!

See below for how you can be a part of this exciting new program.

THE CALENDAR

Please contact @Berek and @Cerus right away so we can include your channel. As soon as we have an initial list of confirmed participants, we will release the first update of the calendar. The calendar will not only include community shows, but also those we run here at Portalarium, such as the Weekly Community Livestreams and Monthly Release Livestreams.

STREAMER INCENTIVES

There’s a lot to be proud of when streaming a game you love to play! Not only do you get facetime among the community, you also help to bring in new players that may not have heard about Shroud of the Avatar before.

We will be supporting livestreamers in their efforts. How we do that will vary at times, but we hope to provide streamers some of the things listed below on a regular basis, some of which they will be able to give out to their viewers:

• Streamer version of the Old Time Camera
    • Game coins (COTOs)
    • In-game items
    • Streamer titles
    • Promotion on our channels
    • Streaming facetime with our team!
    *To receive the above, you must be an active streamer of the game! Joining Twitch (or any service!) and only streaming for a week is not enough. We will be supporting those who stream after several weeks, and/or are actively engaged with us on keeping the calendar updated and their overall streaming plans.

YOUR LIVESTREAMS

There are a few rules for being included in the program, so please read below before you submit your channel. In the meantime, feel free to reply to this announcement with your channel for everyone to see! We also suggest you list it here. Include some of the information below in your post.

Program Requirements:
    • Have a channel established with at least 10 livestream followers with a fully set up streaming page that’s public and easily shared.
    • Commit to streaming Shroud of the Avatar at least 2 hours per month in 30 minute or more segments (you can stream it all at once of course). If you are found not to be streaming for over a month, we may remove your listing on the calendar until we hear back from you.
    • Have no recent history of moderation on your game or forum accounts, and have not been moderated on the channel you will be streaming.
    Also, if you are streaming our game, please be sure the following are applied, if possible:

1 - Please play in multiplayer mode
    2 - Please don't run night vision for extended periods
    3 - Feel free to turn up the quality settings if framerate does not suffer.

Submit The Following to both @Berek and @Cerus:
    • Channel link (Twitch or any service!)
    • Times you will be likely streaming
    • Yes/No if you wish to be included in the calendar
    • Brief couple of sentences about your channel and preferred type of gameplay
    • Any mention of streaming themes, such as: “I PvP on Saturdays and craft on Sundays”
    • Name you wish to be referred by
    • Shroud character name for our reference
    • Language you use in your streams, if other than English
    • When you want to be listed in the calendar as likely being on-air. This is a very important step! We need to know the time(s) so we have an accurate calendar. If you find a time is not working out for you, or you won’t be streaming for a particular stretch of time, please let us know so we can update the calendar.
    Send the above, and any questions about the program, to community managers @Berek AND @Cerus in the forums via a private message. We will get back to you as soon as we can review your submission.

Even if you do not wish your channel to be listed in the calendar, please let us know your general interest in streaming the game anyway.

Have fun livestreaming, and thank you for doing so!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Awesome program! Hope the community streamers take advantage! We got some great ones. :)

Rada Torment, Berek and Koss like this.
  3. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I concur, the power of streams will make a great contribution to the growth of the game.

Furious Farmer and Rada Torment like this.
  4. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

I'm always up for more publicity and recognition for sitting on my bum all day playing video games!

Lazarus Long likes this.
  5. Berek

Clarification that ANY streaming service is accepted into the calendar! Twitch, YouTube, etc... as long as your channel there is public and can be shared with the rest of the community.

Rentier likes this.
  6. Renfail

Renfail Avatar

Awesome! Shot you our info @Berek

Undone likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, for my first Livestream in the program, I'm going to be on twitch.tv/browncoatjayson this Saturday (14 April), beginning at 10:00am NBT (CDT, 3:00pm UTC). I'll probably be on for about 3 hours. Hopefully I can make this a regular show time.

I'll be starting a new offline game and going through the intro and Outskirts, hiring the Companions, and generally looking for quests to complete in the game. Since I'm also lead editor on SotAwiki, I'll be jumping out to the site and showing how to easily add information as you come across it.

As a bonus, I'll have a special offer from Meretz for those who tune in. Thanks for joining me!

Rentier and Berek like this.
  8. Berek

Excellent, great to have you stream the game @Browncoat Jayson!

Rentier likes this.
  9. Berek

We're hard at work on the calendar! Meanwhile, when you stream, be sure to @ShroudOfAvatar if you have a Twitter account so we can share your tweet!

Renfail, Rentier and Grimbone like this.
  10. Berek

Also, if you are streaming our game, please be sure the following are applied, if possible:

1 - Please play in multiplayer mode

2 - Please don't run night vision for extended periods

3 - Feel free to turn up the quality settings if framerate does not suffer.

Thanks all!

11. oplek

oplek Avatar

I don't know how many people I've seen enter a stream chat and say "Why is everything green LOL!"... like it was some kind of stylistic choice. Lord British wandering the halls saying "Green! Make everything green! Also traps, but mostly green!"

Barugon, Grimbone and Jaesun like this.
  12. thradia

thradia Avatar

Hi everyone! Just wanted to throw my channel out there: https://www.twitch.tv/thradia
    Will be streaming Sundays @ 8pm MST and Wednesdays @ 11am MST. And also randomly.. but those are my scheduled dates/times.

I'm going to follow those of you that provided links - as I am still pretty new to streaming and happy to watch others!

13. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Hi, I am a newbie streamer on my 5thday, I like to contribute too, here's mine https://www.twitch.tv/alphaine. My stream start from 8am) Gmt +8, I am from malaysia hope this info helps with the time. @Berek

Berek likes this.
  14. Berek

Greetings and salutations @thradia, @Gyazarus, @oplek and others! Welcome to our streamer program.

Will get yours in the calendar asap!

Gyzarus likes this.
  15. oplek

oplek Avatar

I.. what? I think you might have me mistaken with someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.