X2 xp after every release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgmaniac82, Apr 11, 2018.

?

would you like the x2 xp after every release?

1. yes

34 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. no

32 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I prefer rested xp

21 vote(s)
    24.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I think they should just sell EXP in the store.Why not? It will help fund ep2 and allow people to catch up with those that havent been wiped.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Bowen Bloodgood
    Could you expound a bit on what "pattern of behavior" would be encouraged that would be somehow detrimental ?

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

... then its literally P2W..

Plus .. means people since persistance.. could dump cash..
    And youd literally have people that will NEVER be caught.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well, your goal oriented casual player might say for example.. why go out and do stuff now when I'll get double XP next week? I've got other stuff I can be doing now so I'll put off SotA until I'll get more out of it.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I disagree.
    If someone is "goal oriented", then I see them working that goal on a daily basis (or whatever is possible given their ingame time-frame) - and then planning ahead to when they can rejoice and further their "goal" at twice the speed.
    If anything, I think they might use a bit more of the normal xp time to catch up on things of lesser importance to them - crafting, socializing, etc......

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Not everyone does nothing but play SotA. The key words were not "goal oriented" but "casual player". If you have a choice between working twice as hard now to achieve something or half as hard later to achieve that same goal.. which would you rather do? It's called the law of least effort. Perhaps using "goal oriented" wasn't the best choice but you're argument depends greatly on a someone who has a never ending set of goals who is constantly playing to achieve them. Not really what I'd classify as a casual player who is less likely to be in a hurry do achieve certain things.

I, not being a hardcore player.. have a great many goals that make up 90% of my reason for playing. I am however, not in a hurry and I do have many other things I could be doing. How am I incentivized to play during non-double XP weeks if we get double XP on a regular basis? I can make just as much progress as I would have normally in half the time.. so then I have half that time to do something else do I not? If you really want to focus on 'goal oriented'.. If I have other goals elsewhere I can be more productive overall if I'm elsewhere during non-Double XP and SotA during double XP yes? As opposed to spreading out my time in-game more evenly.

7. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I think timed with the steam holiday and summer sale would be good to bring in new players.

I like the idea about inn and tavern bonuses. It could work like a devotional shrine buff, only last an hour, and be less than 2x, more like 1.25x .

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Have I inferred they did ?
    Not trying to be too picky here, but what you said was: "your goal oriented casual player"

Ok, then the choice would be yours. Get extra xp's or do one of the many other things.... Right ?

Simple, just do one of the "many other things" that you have to do.
    Not to be picky again, but you are the one who said that you have "many other things" that you can do... Right ?

Exactly !

I agree completely !

How you spend your in-game time is still entirely up to you.
    If you don't care about extra xp's, then go do those other things that you mentioned.
    It's all up to you !

I think we're in agreement !!!

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

yeah.. casual..

The whole point was that regularly scheduled double XP periods could, for some people who don't care about constant progress (ie not in a mad rush to achieve goals) could be less incentivized to play when not getting double XP. Thus, a pattern of playing less and being less involved.

Elwyn likes this.
  10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Do not want to see double XP or a XP boost of any kind. If one invent a XP boost, it also invent "do this or you have missed this". Such things destroying gameplay and introduced when to do what, it reduces freedom in gameplay. Even with the excuse "one can choose to use it or not".
    The two week double XP was not as funny, everytime thinging going adventuring to get the double XP. My char is not all about hack&slay he also do crafting and from time to time speak to others. So i prefer steady XP income at any time my char decided to go adventuring.

Before release i read in the forums that are many grown/old players out there. With the release many young players come in. So there is maybe a hole in the middle tier field. (Do not have the numbers). For my sense the two week double XP helps filling this hole. So the levels/tiers of all players should by more widespread now. It was a far better solution then a wipe.

Also, i do not understand the problem with causuals. As a causual you progress as fast as power players measured in game time. Where to hell the law is written that this has also be true measured in real time?
    The game is also enjoyable as a causual player. SotA does not have the problem that all in the group/party need to be of the same level. Also many things can handled alone. One can fully concentrate on keeping contact to the one he/she likes.

But i understand that everyone loose who asked how to win this game. If someone wants a Game Over (winner / best) may use the offline mode and plays the adventure. There is an end.
    For the ones that dislike progression (but playing a rpg game) there are also players out there that provide leveling service.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.