1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Monthly Livestream: R52 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to during the R52 Livestream (which is also now on youtube). I tried my best to answer these (with help from the rest of the team) but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these. The community did a great job assisting us this telethon to make sure we didn’t miss a single question.

Please note I deleted some duplicate questions and also deleted any questions that we answered with the Q2 post or with the release of R52 or that we answered in previous livestreams. Also note that we are generally going to stop answering questions about "when?" as those are answered by our quarterly schedule posts and any other answers are going to be either "No ETA" or "soon" or "will update with the next quarterly post".

A final thought: we see a LOT of repeat questions and requests. Please consider reading one of the other missed question posts, watching one of the previous livestreams, reading one of the transcripts, and/or reading our Post Episode 1 plan post before posting a question. Your question might have already been answered.

StarLord: Will European/Travian players be able to participate in the funding/flash sales/prizes?
    STARR: We track all funds regardless of their origin when we do the stretch goals. So if you purchase from the Black Sun or the Travian site your purchase counts towards the stretch goal and makes you eligible for the rewards. Additionally we are going to make it so in the future the sales are synched and we are even considering having the be longer than just the duration of the livestream.

Dereck Visaard: Can we get Atos to sing or read a poem at the R52 livestream in his best falsetto?
    CHRIS: NO….. Next question. :)

Oplek: What was the most surprising aspect of launch day to you?
    STARR: How smooth it was and how much it felt like just another monthly release.

Oplek: Now that COTO prices are high, do you expect that COTO drop rates will increases?
    CHRIS: We actually doubled the drop rate just before launch and I’m keeping an eye on it. I don’t believe the price would be affected much unless we had 10x more drop. The price is still fluctuating a lot with more players coming in and I’ll keep an eye on it but the current trend is actually downward after a slow climb for weeks leading up to release. I suspect this is due to lots of new crowns in the game from KS backers who wait until now to play.

The Lacedaemonian: what are your thoughts on dexterity possibly decreasing fizzle chance or fizzle chance while moving?
    CHRIS: Hrm… I could see dex countering some of the fizzle from armor maybe or reducing the Armor multiplier. That is the thing that makes it harder to cast spells on the left half of the tree in heavy armor. I’ll think on it….

Barugon: Does the Backstab skill in the Subterfuge tree work with ranged weapons?
    CHRIS: Yes!

Andrew Silverston: Can you please add a mechanic in an offline game to spawn a champion mob(s) after a few successful area cleanups (all mobs killed and area reset).
    STARR: Interesting idea

Llorayne: Can we please STOP auto-attack from agro’ing a new target that isn’t attacking us?
    CHRIS: This is a tough one because some want to just keep shooting as long as there are targets and others want to have to manually select every target. I’ve got a Jira to look into this already though and I’ll see if there is anything we can do

Eli: what’s the biggest thing coming for PvP this year?
    STARR: Performance improvements, Castle sieges, higher resource yields in PVP zones, groups of groups, Guild Warfare polish
    CHRIS: What Starr said plus BALANCE improvements and more counter options.

Ainanymous: Can we please kill watchers? If so, can we kill watchers to lower our virtue? I want a black shroud!
    STARR: Hmm. They seem to be killable just fine to us...

Elnoth: Do mobs have attunement values? When you talk about attune and resist, that is all fine for PVP, but I’m wondering if attunement gives any PvE benefit with regards to defense?
    CHRIS: They have attunement values that gets used for some spell effectiveness but only a few currently. They mostly have resists. If you want to see how they work, go fight an obsidian golem of any size!

Kl4nk: Would it be possible to show guild name of ppl when you target them. It's hard enough to see who is enemy and who is allie…talking pvp here.
    CHRIS: Agree and yes

Malikaia: How do you feel about the current targeting, sometimes it's quite hard to see which target is targeted due to such similarity in the nameplate.
    CHRIS: The highlight strength is tuneable but agree, there should be more of a tell in the nameplate as that is a little less immersion breaking.

Xadoor: Does Rapid Fire really need to be on a 15 second CD?
    CHRIS:Yes! Even with that, it is one of the most popular skills. If I lowered that any more archers would just do Rapid fire 100% of the time.

Xadoor: Can we make dex more useful, bump up a bows native crit rate or at least give an archy skill to increase crit chance? Swapping str for dex is really painful as it is now.
    CHRIS: Critical chance needs to not go much higher or it ends up removing the ability to defend. I’ve been considering increasing its contribution to generating misses.

Malikaia: Please can you explain how crit works. With no visible value it makes it hard to build around.
    Xadoor: Can you explain again how crit is calculated(both hit and damage)?
    CHRIS: This is a HUGE topic that I have covered a number of times already. I think I cover this in the last tech talk video stream I did with Duke Violation. Short version is chance is based on dex, gear,and skills. For damage, instead of doing X to Y like a normal hit, it does Y to Y x Crit damage Multiplier. This is usually around 2 to 2.5 but with skills you can get it up to 3.5+. From behind attacks add to that multiplier as well. The base crit chance for ranged is Dex/400. For Melee it is Dex/1000

Elas: Can we get a lock on the combat bar?
    CHRIS: I like this idea. Making a task for it. I’m use the hotkeys so I don’t notice this much but I know it can be annoying for mouse users.

Elas: Can the group list of players including yourself be unlocked so we can move it around the screen.
    STARR: Yes

Ishel (a new player): Is there a plan to make it so that you are able to bind items to hotbars for quick access?

Llorayne: Can we PIN recipes at a crafting station to the top of the list, so we see them first?

Llorayne: Can we please get a REFRESH icon on the Map (M) window for the current zone?
    STARR: Perhaps

Echondas: Thoughts on adding a few in-game hotkeys? It would be helpful to assign a keyboard shortcut to trigger text, or an emote.

Echondas: For consistency, consider extending the ctrl-key world map functionality for boat-accessed POTs to the other POT types and NPC towns -instead of mousing over the ‘i’ on the town name.
    STARR: Will consider

Brass Knuckles: Could we get a addon store item that would allow you to port to another house you own with another item, id love quick travel from one of my houses to another, and i'm willing to pay for it.
    STARR: Unlikely but will consider

Infernal: will you do a zombie merchant pattern for Halloween
    STARR: Fun idea

Grape-Ape: Can we have the option to set recall and/or teleport to use an emote of our choosing?

Slegnor: Could we get craftable armour stands or mannequins so we can display suits of armour as if they were being worn? My Virtue armour doesn’t look so epic stuffed in a bag on the floor.

Xee: Can we get the Alchemy ring to work with Enchanting rather then Alchemy so it's inline with the other crating perk items?
    CHRIS: Yes

Bahamut Arc: As a main Tamer, i would love to see my Drake pet. Where our Drake? =)
    CHRIS/STARR: Coming

Bahamut Arc: As a Pokemon lover, i would like to breed my pets to get a chance to have a stronger one. Can this work within Sota?
    STARR: Unlikely but pet leveling and skill unlocking for pets is on our long term plans

Rufus: Will we be able to apply Approved Devices to multiple items of the same type (Banners, Shields) or are we limited to the Patterns and Eternal Patterns that we have currently?
    STARR: Heraldry will only be able to be applied to heraldry patterns.

Rufus: Might we be able to copy Heraldic Patterns somehow, say perhaps with a Magic Printing Press, to make applying Heraldry to multiple copies of the same Heraldic Items possible?
    Lord Andernut: How do we get more banners to apply our coat of arms to? Or apply it to equipment ie. for a guild etc.?
    STARR: When we start selling non-Founder heraldry items you will be able to purchase more heraldry patterns. Founder heraldry items are meant to be rare.

Brass Knuckles: Can we get more craftable body part items to decorate blood bay lots?
    STARR: We can consider

Infernal: textiles and milling have not gotten new craftables in a long time could you add some new rugs, banners and wood coverings to the schedule please

Titania: Can buy orders have increased quantities? The current 1,000 item limit makes it tough to deal in things like farmed goods. Can we also have a batch sale and order creation system be created?
    STARR: There are performance implications for this so eventually but not now

HannahAlpenglow: Now that brewing is coming online, can you add a cooking recipe for pretzels?
    STARR: Sounds logical

Kpopgurl: Could we get more Masterworks options for non combat school stuff? Like increased 3Stealth % on leather, or +Focus Regen on cloth?

Jiirc: Why can’t you turn skills a tier higher than the specialization skills to maintain?
    CHRIS: Not sure, this should be allowed. Maybe you died a few times and it fell below 80?

Black Tortoise: Could you please elaborate on plans for the Cooking skill tree with food and drink and such?
    STARR: Brewing and alcohol are the next priority.

Dereck Visaard: Can we please have additional craftable bleacher sizes/shapes, similar to walls and pavers, including short, medium, long, corner, endcap, left, right, and wedge? This will enable POT owners to create 360 degree arenas. Something similar to what was done in R52 for Northwood.

Xee: Could we have a deed merchant exchange where you can take lower deeds in numbers to upgrade into larger? example. 2 villages = a town , 2 towns = city etc? just a thought.
    STARR: Unlikely

Tristano (new player): Can we have tax free POT water lot bundles?
    STARR: No, these were exclusively part of the Kickstarter pledges for Episode 1. Perhaps as part of Episode 2.

Bahamut Arc: Will we be able to build random houses with blocks soon?
    STARR: No

Jiirc: The new vendor mechanic has the vendor sitting down after a ^period of time. Can we get more detail about how the mechanic works? What triggers a reset? Why 7 days? Any other information would be helpful.
    STARR: We have increased this to 14 days. It happens if the vendor has not been interacted with by the owner.

Widsith: How about making the canvas series of furniture dyeable?

Dargalin: Can we have more than 8000 characters in a book please? I know it takes up space but 8000 characters kinda restricts the creative spirit a wee bit!
    STARR: There are performance implications for this so eventually but not now

Dargalin: Can we have the ability to rotate house decorations on more than one axis?
    STARR: Some already do.

Dargalin: Can we have guild stones, or a menu for easy management?

Cypher Black: Can we get the twice promised and twice forgotten champ spawn added to the Crag Foothills? (All tier 5’s were supposed to get these)

Datendrache: Any chance for adding different guild structures so there are more groups levels or types, configurable permissions, elections or non-dictator structures?

SmokerKGB: Can we get: “building a campfire” added, as a means of resting during night time, maybe getting a buff for doing so, maybe getting attacked by special night only critters which yield special resources?

Sir Grant: what will be the balance now regarding adding new content for this episode and development on episode 2?
    STARR: Right now we are still focused on Ep 1.

Arnaeus Moonglow: Can we get vendor sitting down disabled if they are indoors? I put a lot of effort into decorating my tailoring shop and making it immersive and then the vendor sits if I don't update stock for a few days and really ruins the aesthetic. She ends up hiding behind the counter top and you could easily miss her if you don't have nameplates on.
    STARR: In R53 they will sit in a nearby chair but we are not going to disable sitting entirely.

Scoffer Kada: does increasing your MAX resist for armour over 100% give you any benefit? i.e. 30 resist (Max120%)
    CHRIS: No and this will get some tweaking in 53 to make sure people never get past 75%

Jack Knyfe: Now that we've launched, are we going to get a revised "Two Year Plan"?, or are the quarterly updates moving forward going to be the de facto way of knowing what's to come?
    STARR: We update this yearly in Q3

OpenEyes: For the livestreaming program, is it going to be Twitch only? Or open for those of us who do streaming on YouTube?
    STARR: Any channel, no restrictions there. YouTube is as welcome. We are promoting Twitch in part as the main focus though.

Mia Sway: why when enchanting sun gemed wands do you get blistering ray on hit? that is for melee.... earth gets obsidian arrow damage on wand (quake on hit on swords and stuff) death gets deathray damage on wands (and leach life on swords)
    STARR: Bug. Please write up

Mia Sway: do the cabalist in lost vale drop hoods and or weapons?
    STARR: Yes but they drop them at a slightly lower rate than the cabalists in the sieges.

Scar face (skeggy media): can watering be changed to be like a crafting station so we can draw up to 20 buckets of water 1 at a time to save RSI?
    STARR: Won’t be changed to be like crafting station but we already changed this to add skills for mass watering recently.

Ancev: Could we get a method to specify a masterwork or enchantment on an item .. perhaps at increased difficulty? I noticed that some stat enchantments aren't available for certain items.. or maybe my skills aren't high enough.. but a few examples might be +INT on masterwork for leather, or melee enchantments for wands?
    STARR: Unlikely

Ancev: Could we get craftable cloaks or deco of the glowing symbols in Quell Shardfall?

Anvar: How much will extra character slots cost, will there be a limit and can we buy them for Cotos ingame?
    STARR: Stay tuned for R53 when it goes live for costs. Will only be available on website, not for crowns.

Drew: Could we possibly get a simple dyeable hooded full cloak?
    STARR: Headgear and cloaks have to be two separate items so a hood and a cloak have to be independent even when we make them look like they go together. But yes we can make something that looks like this.

Merrik Dragon: will there be a way for players to decide what their Vendor will do to signify that the havnt been updated? (as in something other than sitting down)
    STARR: Perhaps eventually

Merrik Dragon: is it in the plans to stop tamers getting agro when their pet attacks? as an archer i need my pet to keep the mobs attention so i can dps them
    CHRIS: I will investigate. Right now they have no extra taunting so it is just the per attack value and per point of damage value. Pets attack fairly slow so these values are easy to overcome. Also, I’ll investigate to make sure there isn’t a bonus given to the pet owner on first agro.

Daxxe Diggler: Any plans to add new cooking skills to the tree in the near future? (This Quarter, next Quarter, next Episode?)

Aular: There are a number of skills not working (body slam) or that player feedback is that they are underpowered (Knights Grace). What skills are being looked at for rebalance/rework?
    CHRIS:I hope to have 100% of skill bugs fixed this release. Technically I hope that most releases but trying to make time for it this release. Knight’s Grace will get some extra features this release as well.

Max: have you thought about changing the UI in some future?

Lord Andernut: Might there be larger sizes than Metropolis in the future? Megalopolis?
    STARR: Never. The performance would be terrible.

Brogan Murphy: Has there been any thought into additional Player Vendor Patterns that change the vendor to other races, like Elves, Kobolds, or Undead?

Brogan Murphy: The tooltip indicators for Eternal Patterns being yielded upon salvaging on items are great. Can we perhaps get such a tooltip indicator on all the non-eternal Patterned items, like the weapons and armors that drop in-game so we know when something actually has a chance of yielding a pattern?

Amber Raine: will they ever make a pattern for the Chaos Spoon to be wieldable? ((for @Atos))
    CHRIS: Why would you want to use it as a weapon and risk damaging it!?!? That would be like requesting to use the Mona Lisa as a shield!

Liz_the_wiz: can we get some "pavers" that turn land into planting spots? so we can put up like rose plant borders etc?
    STARR: We have had a task in the backlog for a while to make planting rows that are just tilled dirt rows on the ground that can be placed.

Draugur: Is a set of Epic chainmail still going to be made? It's the only set that doesn't have one. (Cloth, Leather, Plate)

Falcon Rainfeather: Can we get a separate weapon tree for pugilism?
    CHRIS: No

Vaddius Valerius: Any updates on Unity for Linux?
    CHRIS: Still no fix for the key press problem and no fix for the map. We test every new build that comes out to see if they have backported the keypress issue and Undone continues trying to get the browser DLL to work on Linux.

Justice Darling: is there any way to stop a quest?
    STARR: Not currently but you can right click on a current task and choose “Hide Task on HUD”

Scooby: With the updates to Unity in place, When will the increase to internal house item placement limits be increased so we can finish decorating our houses?
    STARR: Not right now

Arlin: for crafting instead of 'exceptional' items could we get a scaling bonus to durability based on skill level?
    STARR: Perhaps eventually

Papazaph: Will there be anything in carpentry for furnishings, or will it always be focused on weapons?
    STARR: There are tons of carpentry furnishings recipes (chairs, tables, shelves, fences, walls, all the way up to houses). Perhaps you have just not found those recipes?

Temujin: Are there any plans on adding more combos to skill trees to bring other skill spheres more on par with the number of combos available to blades? (Don't know if this has been asked/answered before)

Tailz Suvorov: Can we get some blank or silent wax cylinders in game?
    STARR: Not sure of the purpose so would be hard to prioritize the request

Vematrox Lacus: Are there plans to adjust the recipe books so it can be alphabetical or searched?

Acaelus Fireharp: would it be possible to get reduced deck toggle times when pvp flagged? There are many high XP mobs in PVP zones and the builds used to fight these mobs are usually not ideal for pvp.
    CHRIS: I believe these are pretty quick unless you’re swapping a lot of gear which feels like it should take some time. The time to switch is needed for balance with how our system is not class based but skill based and that bar is the only limit to how much you can use. The faster we make this, the more advantage the players with dozens of GMS will have over less experienced players.

Drake Aedus (on Avatars Radio!): Is there still a plan to have a "All The Grand Tour Hats" title? (aka Mad Hatter?)
    STARR: Interesting suggestion

Turin: Can we get search or sorting in emote menu?

Turin: Idea: PvP only traps, murder holes, or some kind of benefit to players within their homes against players attacking.
    STARR: Fun but wow the griefing!

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The biggest issue with this is you end up attacking everything in sight- squirrels, rabbits, killable quest NPCs... the wildlife isn't so bad (unless you're wasting shots on the poor nearby horsey instead of the skeleton archer that's further away and filling you full of arrows) but the NPC's can result in virtue hits. @Chris

Heh. I've taken out nearly every one I've come across. Always spying on me...

Rentier likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Can I just mail you my credit card now?

Dereck Visaard likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I've found it in the past not just an issue with auto-attack -- attack targeting should be less sticky for friendly targets.

So, if I'm fighting with a sword, I have a range of opponents I will hit -- it has a multi-target attack. But in my past experience in the game, this has had an unrealistic range to the extent that I'll hit targets behind other targets, or to the side of me.

This is great if you just want to pummel waves and waves of enemies. But if you want to avoid friendly fire, its been annoying... attacking quest NPCs by accident, attacking deer and horses, etc.

Rentier likes this.
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Chris, while you answered the maintain question it seemed to have lost the context that framed the question. If you are lower than level 80 in the skill above the specialization skill, you can't set the skill to maintain. Your only option to stop training that skill is Not Training., maintain only is available once the skill reaches L80. While Not Train stops putting points into the skill, death takes points out of the skill directly. If it could be set to maintain, death would pull the points from the xp pool instead of the skill. (There was a comment on my original question that a player was @76 and had it set maintain. Mine was set to maintain as well, until I set it to train. I suspect that when the original specialization skills went in, the skill above the spec skill wasn't updated and so the skill, if set to maintain, is still set to maintain. But if you change the skill status to something else, you can't set it back to maintain until you reach L80.)

FrostII and Grimbone like this.
  6. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

@Chris I can confirm, @jiirc is correct with this bug.

7. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Thanks! =)

8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

A huge help here would be if we target something that its nameplate actually appears. Currently, it doesn't always show up until you damage it. Highlight strength is still tied to the reticle, and we DONT want to use the reticle.

Would you also consider special heraldry patterns in the Add-On and Make-A-Difference store? Like a Moustache Heraldry Pattern?

I'm assuming this would be along with many other decoration items, once dyes can be applied to non-clothing items. Also consider changing the names of the Red and Green merchant tarps so they can be dyed any color, just with their different patterns.

Wieldable =/= A weapon! You can wield pipes and fans. Free the Chaos Spoon!

Rentier and liz_the_wiz like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

It should be an artifact, anyway that gives a Chaos bonus ;)
    (Btw pipes and fans would make for cool artifacts).

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you @DarkStarr and @Chris !!

For
    Bahamut Arc: As a main Tamer, i would love to see my Drake pet. Where our Drake? =)
    CHRIS/STARR: Coming

Bahamut Arc: As a Pokemon lover, i would like to breed my pets to get a chance to have a stronger one. Can this work within Sota?
    STARR: Unlikely but pet leveling and skill unlocking for pets is on our long term plans

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

my question was not answered in the video or in this.

Can the life tree get a pet, its the only one without it and those of use who master it would like to also be able to use big attunment numbers. I would suggest a fairy or pixie that instead of plinking 15 hp damage to a mob, plinks 15 hp heals on the caster which would be really nice when we are in a group healing function.

Elrond likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not a sexy nurse?

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

My wife is a nurse, I already have one of those :)

CatherineRose likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

"Eli: what’s the biggest thing coming for PvP this year?
    STARR: Performance improvements, Castle sieges, higher resource yields in PVP zones, groups of groups, Guild Warfare polish"

Don't do the higher resource nodes in pvp zones, you are going to lose players to this. It will create a state in inequality between pvpers and non pvpers, and majority of the non pvpers are crafters and I know some of them have already said they would quit with a change like this. You need to keep those players, all the rest of it is fine, they wont care.

Elrond and Matt Harris like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I agree, Rewards for PvP should be rewards that benefit PvP and the person PvP'ing first. In Wow, they didn't give us better mining nodes in PvP arenas, they gave you points that you saved up to get better PvP gear that only worked will in PvP. In SOTA that could be rewards like titles or craftable items that directly help a crafter make a better specific PvP gear item. Aka, "dead avatar bone" which when placed on a 2h hammer gives it +3% damage to a player.

But I of course do realize that any time you add one items into the game that has say +3% damage to a player, we get a bunch of people complaining about creation of PvP content even though PvE stuff out number PvP things by about 10000:1

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Elrond and Mac2 like this.
  16. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

@DarkStarr @Chris

Let me explain. Chaos!!!

okay now with that said. The spoon has a long history and back story of being a weapon used by the high priestess upon the foreheads of her enemies. And I for one see no reason why the mona lisa could not be on our shields ;)

Wielding the Chaos Spoon in ones hand would be amazing used as a wand as it should properly be. Imbued with Arcane Magicks of Necromancy and Chaos by Kane -- as was the first spoon of Chaos back in the old lands.

Perhaps we can get into a full on discussion on why this should be a thing for the devoted brothers and sisters of the church Aka those who have been blessed with holding one. ((Even Darkstarr was bestowed with the first one in real and in game))

Vyrin, Spoon, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  17. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

Do we have an eta on when Bundles will be able to be purchased with COTOs in game?

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Don't make the Chaos spoon more than what it should be. Eating my captain crunch with the chaos spoon is very chaotic!

CatherineRose likes this.
  19. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

It isn't being made into more then it should be... and eatting with it is a very high risk Greagoir.. You never know if it will end up in your mouth or in your ear.. just ask Empstrike.. the first person who learned that lesson the hard way

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.