Housing Expiration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haldarthir, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

I meant comment, fixed it!

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was just wondering where the precedence for such an absurd demand came from.

Montaigne likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

It's a no-win situation. Making claimed lots expiration free opens the pay2win debate again for tax-free lot deeds which are now only available through the lottery or through the player market by backers getting rid of excess (tax-free) deeds gotten through pledges. The expiration mechanism at least gives other players a chance to claim a desired lot using taxed lot deeds bought with ingame gold.

The current setup also favors active players which I think is a good compromise.

4. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

The thought of a permanent tax free non decaying empty unused NPC Town house lot from a real money transaction disgusts me.

Bleuch.

Thoryk Omara likes this.
  5. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

1. I did not demand anything. Please read the thread before commenting on the thread.
    2. Devs admitting fault is about as rare as them reimbursing anything in MMO's is concerned. Port admitted they should have done better and that part of this situation rested with their decision to not publish this information with enough exposure. They said that, not me.

Not sure why I'm constantly repeating myself here, but if you can't understand the importance of continuing to garner goodwill upon players that have invested in your game, extensively, please don't bother continuing to ask the same questions, because you're just not getting it, and I only have so many ways to explain the same basic concept.

A restoration of something this player already had, and lost, because the people making the game admittedly failed to communicate the mechanics clearly enough, isn't even close to absurd.

6. Zaggs

Zaggs Avatar

Pretty easily winnable situation, like Beaumaris suggested you send out an email. "Hey, you've been gone for too long, careful the Kobolds don't ransack your house". Because if you have a tax free deed, you're not going to be reading questions about upkeep. You're probably also not going to be clicking on the sale sign to see an expiration date which may or may not have been explained to you in a pre-launch game environment. Odd that there was such a great to do about claiming your lot, but next to nothing about losing it.

Numa likes this.
  7. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Thanks for making my point! Asking what the plan is is not a demand in any way shape or form. The plan could be nothing. It could be something. Who knows.

That's why I asked. Stop harassing me.

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

It stated on each Kickstarter that amount of time, Its also on the lot stone when you place your property when it expires, Its also in the FAQ.

Its the players that Dropped the ball not the developers, and its them that will take the hit for not bothering to look into anything or read.
    There should be no reimburse, the information was there in many places not just one. Needless to say NPC towns are over rated anyways. There are hundreds of Player towns with lots of room and some are a lot more popular then NPC towns for all sorts of things.

If you really want to be in NPC town then best start watching the stones for ones coming up for expire :)

Cheers,

Xee.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Curious, there is literally a post in this thread, from the developers, saying they should've done better and stating why. What are you arguing for? You're wrong. Never said it wasn't partially the player's fault - all I asked is if there was a plan to make good on it before "official" release. Would be nice if we could stay on topic and not muddy the waters trying to make points easily refuted by posts literally in the same thread.

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I don't disagree with you that having more information like Berk mentioned posted in more than one place would have helped with some clarity, but all lots have the expire dates posted on the stone when placed.

The mechanic is designed this way to ensure fair play and access to all so people that don't play can't hold onto locations forever. Its a similar mechanic to UO decay which was pointed out that you said is irrelevant. The point the other poster was stating is that the mechanics in this game are designed the same to ensure that those lots are available to the populations that play. We are not entitled to anything more then the items we subscribed for which does not include a specific lot location. We are however guaranteed there would always be a lot available for every deed. The OP I feel bad for that he lost a spot he liked, but now he needs to find a new location which I stated there are plenty around in both NPC and Player towns.

PS. what am I wrong about? care to elaborate so I can correct thanks.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

Not to be devil's advocate but when you placed your lot and see the Deed menu it says how many days are left on it, even on the tax free lots and that was from the beginning.

12. vjek

vjek Avatar

So, went to login today to refresh my lot so it wouldn't expire, and it said it had expired. Strange, when I had refreshed it in the past, as a Citizen, I'm sure it lasted 6 months.
    Well, that makes the decision easy. :) Won't be logging in again, ever. I keep hoping the game will find it's way, but oh well. At least I learned never to back another kickstarter beyond the retail value of a single copy.
    This should be my last post on these forums, as far as I can tell. /salute

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Can I have your stuff?

Sir Frank, Barugon, Lained and 2 others like this.
  14. Lained

Lained Avatar

It's been five months for a citizen pledge since inception.
    Don't be discouraged there's plenty of lots to be found & player owned towns are also very welcoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.