Magic counter skills

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juan Solo, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Hi all. I have a several questions about magic counters for the oposite tree of skills.
    For example a Death mage counter a Life Healer mage with damage skills like :

[​IMG] Death Touch - Short range life transfer spell that becomes more powerful the closer the caster is to death.
    [​IMG] Death Ray - Medium range life transfer spell that becomes more powerful the closer the caster is to death.
    Instead of a Life mage, the only damage skill he own is [​IMG] Banish Undead and it makes damage only to undeads.

I see this quite unfair. So are they going to add direct damage skills for Life? Or is that mean that Death spells deals less damage to a healer? I am quite confused [​IMG]
    Thanks /hug :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

What would be awesome is to have Searing Ray in to the Life magic ... but I know its too much to ask. This is how i see it. Sorry for my English

3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

A person who has high skill in "Purify" can now get some pretty decent resistance toward Death Magic, but that person would still have to level 10 skills in the Death tree to 80 or higher to really be able to resist death spells very well (even with the Purify bonus to your Death resistance). It is an unfortunate part of this game. In order to be resistant to any spells in a tree, you must gain a huge amount of attunement in that very tree, or your resistance to said magic tree is terrible.

Hornpipe, Mac2 and Juan Solo like this.
  4. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Thank you @Nikko i will keep in mind Purify, thing that they implement recently that resist. I remember it wasan`t before.
    Yes but he still have skills to make damage to a Life Healer. Life Healer dont have skills to make damage to a Death Mage.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Can also use celestial blessing from moon tree for death res

Nelzie, Nikko and Juan Solo like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And douse and shield of ice vs fire mages. The new chaos shield can give amazing resists at random :) .

Juan Solo and Nikko like this.
  7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

It is true... a person that is truly a Life mage is not going to be doing much harm to a death mage without knowing some other schools, but a death mage isn't able to hurt skeletons and liches at all for the most part, unless they learn some other tree. It is pretty well balanced if you ask me.

Juan Solo likes this.
  8. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Celestial Blessing, Douse, Purify, Ice and Chaos shields - all resistance skills against dealing damage skills. Life damage direct skills 0. I gues this is what you get when you chose being a healer :)
    Thank you guys @Mac2 @Nikko /hug

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Actually, if your fighting a death mage who is wearing a lich ring, you can use banish undead on them and deal damage to them.

Juan Solo, Dhanas, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  10. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

If I understand right high-level healer with wands and high INT, can one-shot by x6 banish almost any lich ring + chaotic user in case of crit :)

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have heard it does a lot of damage in this case, but I have only heard, never tested this myself.

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I've complained a while about life not having any kind of offensive skills and I should be even more so since Im specialized in it with 150 attunment but they refuse it. The devs have refused to answer my question about giving life a pet too since its the only spell class without one.

Banish Undead is worthless to me. There are no "undead" zones that warrant wasting my time putting in on my bar because it doesn't work on any thing else. Even my Ulfeim farm rotation has undead but its only 1/3rd of the kills and I cant waist a deck slot on it.

Take the Rise mage room, I build a deck for it which has all the fire resist spells in it. It makes sense because I need it full time. I wouldn't put douse on any other deck and waist the deck slot anywhere else. There is no zone I know of with just good high level undead spawn that I could slap that skill in the deck and most the mobs in rapid spawn (like the Mage or monkey room) is efficient to farm.

If there is a high level farming area like the Rise Mage or monkey room that is undead only, let me know.

Life has always been one of the forgotten and under developed and designed spell trees.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Juan Solo likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The rise lich room is all undead, wyrmsands can use it on ghost corpion and the elite undead there.

Dhanas likes this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Do those spawn fast enough like the monkey room and Rise mages to keep you busy farming?

I was actually easily hitting the 1 mil xp per hour mark in the rise during 2x xp and thats the kind of grinding I want to do.

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

the fighters in the room spawn fast, if its still like before, but that lich might be a problem for ya.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Causing damage is contrary to the idea of "Life", don't you think?

17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

It was easy with x2, now you need to make 5 rooms in Rise in ten minutes during the hour to get 1 mil, most builds cant do this.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Theres a blessing thatll boost all resists by 25 incoming

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not exactly...

EMPstrike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.