Belrindor
    1. There are no messages on Belrindor's profile yet.
  • About

User Biography:
    The very first Ultima I played was Ultima III: Exodus. This was on the Commodore 64. I played it a year or so after it came out, so I think I played it around 1984 or 1985.

I have very fond memories of that game. It totally re-defined what I thought of as a video game. Prior to that it was just 'Atlantis' 'Yar's Revenge', and Pitfall on the Atari 2600.

It set me on the path to roleplaying games. I discovered 'D&D' a few years prior, but this was the first time I'd played anything even remotely resembling a roleplaying game, other than a few text adventures on the Commodore VIC 20.

I played Ultima IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX as they came out and have fond memories of all of them.

And then... UO happened.

I was in the UO Beta (Still have the CD!), and was an 'Ultima Dragon' once upon a time circa 1996 or so. (Nagual Dragon)

And somewhere in some box, in the attic, I likely still have the printed out conversation from Richard Garriott's MSN conversation with the Ultima Dragons prior to the launch of UO. A grand time was had by all! :) It was in that conversation that I came to respect what a great guy Richard was by how generous and humble he was with the community.

I've played every Ultima there is to date, including both of the Ultima Underworlds and the Worlds of Ultima spinoffs.

And now I am in SotA as a pre-launch backer. I came in during R4, and am currently an Edelmann.

I am looking forward to grand adventures in New Brittania, and helping to shape the world into something truly awesome and awe-inspiring. :)

Signature

Sir Belrindor Turul

[​IMG]