Elwyn's Recent Activity

1. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Elnoth's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

For what it's worth, I am with Elrond on this one. The XP required curve limiting progression is enough, adding a second curve is...

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:08 AM
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn replied to the thread SotAwiki Update Thread.

Since it seems that people are still having a hard time finding the initial QA installer, I added some links into wiki:...

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:24 PM
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Cora Cuz'avich's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

Huh. Yeah, that changes things. I somehow thought actual gains per level were tapering off as skill increased, which is (or would be)...

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:21 PM
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Adam Crow's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

Also want to point out that the other masterworks are going up. So there is progression, it's just not visible on those two specific...

5. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Adam Crow's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

I disagree. That will cause a power creep on crafted gear and then everything else like skills and mobs will need to be adjusted. Things...

6. Elwyn

Elwyn replied to the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

Most of that original generation of yellow bundle recipes are pretty easy to get now just by cruising Novia Market and other market...

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:15 AM
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn liked beinghappy's post in the thread Hi, I am new here..

Yeah, It is copied not spam. my english is weak and i wanted to say something and I found that someone has already said it. so copied...

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:34 PM
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn liked beinghappy's post in the thread Hi, I am new here..

Hi, I am a new player to Sota and I like it so far. am an ultima online player and have hopes for this game. If anyone sees me please...

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:34 PM
  9. Elwyn

But this isn't about the XP cost, it's about the effect being roughly nil even after spending the XP.

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:32 PM
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Barugon's post in the thread Why are the new Fine Oak Bookshelves <NO TRADE>.

The library's adequacy as a replacement and the bookshelve's no-trade status are seperate issues from "why do we have so many of them?".

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:16 PM
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Lord Tachys al`Fahn's post in the thread Why are the new Fine Oak Bookshelves <NO TRADE>.

Good question. This needs to be changed... now. Love the size of the place... I still don't think it is quite sufficient for what it...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:57 PM
  12. Elwyn

The problem, of course, is that so many skills are set up with TWO exponential curves, one for XP to next skill level, and another for...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:50 PM
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn liked kaeshiva's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

This problem actually occurs far earlier. Even going from 120-140 is really low return for investment, particularly since we're talking...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:48 PM
  14. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Cora Cuz'avich's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

It seems that the way a soft cap should work is that eventually, the XP requirement gets so insane it's not worth the effort to improve...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:46 PM
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn liked Vladamir Begemot's post in the thread Leveling Progression for Crafting needs fixing.

I believe that the opportunity to get that high is closed off, or the bar seriously raised, by the table top catapult nerf. Am I correct...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:46 PM