1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Congratulations @Chris. I enjoy this game and feel good supporting it.

2. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Ill come out of retirement for this!

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I stopped reading the thread on page 8, so forgive me if this suggestion has been offered already. Chris must be feeling a lot of pressure. I suggest he back off some of the promises the old company made. First and foremost, get out from under the promise to deliver Episode 2 on schedule. Take a year and clean up what we've got. There is so much left undone. Remember, the old promises were made with a much larger crew available. Get the UI work done, get the towns done, and most of all get the quest system overhauled. My suggestion is to put one person in charge of the quest system, one person in charge of community services, one person in charge of graphics support, and one person (Chris) managing while keeping your finger in on balance, PVP planning, and PVE experience. For gosh sakes, quit wasting time streaming. That can be done by the community manager. It is hard (very hard) switching from a developer to an owner/manager.....Just my humble opinion.

4. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Does anyone have any news or updates about the Seed Invest implications please?

Is there a thread on this, did anyone get an email or letter or anything?

Thanks

Rentier likes this.
  5. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Have sent a mail, no reply. No other infos either

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  6. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

looking for this as well, but I think any discussion of it here gets locked or removed.

I would say log into your seedinvest account and ask their representatives about the latest. No update yet, but they do have details on what they are doing to try and get one.

Vrunk Hrrk and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'm pretty sure I read something about that money going to Travarian and other marketing ventures.

8. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

That may be speculation on what the seedinvest proceeds were used for back when the money was raised, but isn’t relevant to what our investments are currently worth.

9. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

The fact that I haven't heard anything from Seedinvest or the lawyers involved probably means that our investments aren't worth much, if anything, anymore. I still haven't seen a way you can dispose of the investment, in other words, transfer it to someone else; so I'm reluctant to call it an investment anymore.

Royou and Cordelayne like this.
  10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Travian paid Portalarium.

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

For what?

12. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

They paid $1 million to Portalarium for a share of European profits and Euro publishing rights for 7 years. That's why they were supposed to split off into a third website (which ultimately didn't happen). Third, as Black Sun's site had existed in parallel for a while by then. The deal was similar to Black Sun's publishing deal with Portalarium, except longer.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Aldo likes this.
  13. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

I see you have issues with more than my french accent Mr. Frost. Get your ears fixed.
    :D:D:p

Missed alot in those 3 months! GRATZ @Chris

ngavarta likes this.
  14. Yog

Yog Avatar

No news or email still. :(

15. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Send your inquiry to support@portalarium.com so I can forward you the contact information for those type of inquiries. I have one in my CS inbox now related to this. If that's you, you will receive the contact information today.

16. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Heads up that I removed a few posts here and locked the thread after some inappropriate posts regarding Seedinvest. Please be careful to not misrepresent or pretend to relay statements from Seedinvest especially if you are investor as this could have legal ramifications for you. There was a "quote" here that anyone with business background would recognize as absolutely not something an investment company would put in writing to a customer.

17. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Just had someone forward a message from Seedinvest. Appears their message contains multiple false statements including that they have tried contacting me. Contacting them now to try and clear the misinformation it appears they are sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.