Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cost of crafting vs achievable sale prices

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by KikkiJikki, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I put up 2 beauties on OH public vendor last night.

+9 maple staff
    +8 pine supple bow (100 dur)

Gemmed the staff fire tho, as it was a custom order that fell through ><

Gemmed the bow Life, as I was trying to proc banishing and still have 100 dur but no luck. +4 dex and int instead. Dropped value

And some cheap +6dex wolf hats :D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  2. Drothar Battleforge

Drothar Battleforge Avatar

I think one of the better ways they could solve some problems is like the Broker's in EQ2, you could list stuff in containers in your house/apartment's if you had a market board, and people could look on the broker and either buy it instantly or track down the address. Maybe instead of it being sent instantly if bought from broker it could be mailed to the closest main town to the person, while incurring a tax if that option is used.
    And for those without houses it could list their name from what public merchant they use.

3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Ok, one thought about the cost of crafting etc. is that currently on the map, there are only 2 locations that I know of where you can harvest 1 type of fuel (coal). Even then yield is typically in piles of 1 or 2 making them really not worth time and effort. When fuel harvesting becomes a thing, then the potential for shift will get better.

Also remember, fighting anything that carries gold gives you 5-25 gold per. Collecting 10k gold takes a while under that constraint. Ergo the incentives they are test driving.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  4. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

Fuel harvesting isn't going to be a big thing, the whole point of fuels is that they're a gold sink, fuel nodes are supposed to be a bonus.

5. Drothar Battleforge

Yep, Coal, Ingot Molds and all that are in place to be gold sinks.

David Thompson likes this.
  6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

As long as that gear is cheaper than CotO's then it's cheaper to replace with NPC store bought, as well.
    If you could pick your bonuses, It would be worth it to by crafted armor.
    However most crafted armor available on vendors is Masterwork and Enchanting fodder, that someone ruined the durability of chasing skills up, then finally got a decent +1 and decided to stop and try to sell it.

If you can find a crafter that's making straight up regular or exceptional pieces at cheap prices that haven't been ruined with lots of crappy enchantments or masterworkings sure go for it.
    But in general the current state of crafting, your better off with only crafted weapons, and chest pieces with gems attached, and jewerly with gems, and no other enhancements.

Top end PvP players may have a different valuation.
    But for grinding, gathering, questing, crafted gear in general doesn't add enough value for the price. (It's like the Good China, sure you might bring it out for special guests but in general it's worth too much to use, outside of dance parties)
    Why pay the CotO tax when you don't need to.

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The fuel as gold sink is part of the problem.
    Crafting does not put money into the game - fighting and grinding monsters does. That's the faucet.
    Crafting has no faucet - the only POTENTIAL income from it is from other players which at the moment is nonexistent because of the problems with crafting - lack of real customization, punitive resource costs, breakage, etc.
    Either add a crafting faucet (npc merchant buys crafted goods for a tiny profit over material cost) or remove the sinks from the players who have no way to pay for them!

Nolove 0369 likes this.
  8. Drothar Battleforge

I think the thing that hurts the crafting prices is likely one of the games big selling points at the moment, and that is everyone can do everything. In UO a crafter could make money because not everyone wanted to put aside 100% to be a good crafter and have their name on the product. That being said, no real reason to be a gm because you get no added bonus, other then being able to train up people easier and add on a few more masterworks that are really blah.

Lord Baldrith and 4EverLost like this.
  9. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

If NPCs were willing to pay more than market rate for, say, iron, if it was crafted into boots, then the price of iron would rise until that was no longer the case.

10. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

That's true whether there's 1000 or 10 blacksmiths in the game, because all 10 of the blacksmiths would be siphoning iron directly out of the economy into the vendor. It would take no time or effort to do so, the effects would be largely immediate.

11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I am really hoping skill level gets significantly more meaningful in the future. I think a lot of recipes need to be spaced out to require higher skill levels. Exceptional items should have increments of durability based on skill level, such that someone with low skill relative to the item might add +10 and someone of high skill gets the +50 or more.

12. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

Wow, I wish there were a "dislike" button. What an unnecessarily snarky post!

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I learned a big chuck of Excel while keeping track of my WoW sales a decade ago.

NRaas and 3dmark like this.
  14. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Like it or not, the skill set for a successful EVE player is roughly the same as for a successful book keeper.

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.