Eternal Pattern Special Effects fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glantor Edge, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of salvaging some rares like Sword of Ba'heer and Knight Marshal's Winged Helm for their Eternal patterns to apply to crafted gear. However, I read in a few posts such as here and here that Light sources and other special effects like Radio features of the Portable Aether Vibration Amplifier Headphones do not transfer over when applied to other gear.

Has this issue been addressed yet? Anyone tried recently? There really should be a BIG red warning label preventing people from accidentally destroying the special features of rare items. I mean, they've already lost the unlootable PVP safety feature, does it really need to be even more painful?

2. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

My current crafted backpack is using an eternal Aether Amplifier Backpack pattern and I am able to access radio stations with it.

That being said, I recently made a long sword with a kolbold slag sword pattern and it lost the increase in damage increase from strength. Kolbold slag swords are one of the longsword types rated High instead of Average.

Best bet would be to try it first on QA.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Stats never transfer with patterns, and shouldn't.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The only thing that transferred with patterns that I know of is the radio functionality. Its been bugged before, so it wouldn't surprise me if its not working again.

Unfortunately, this is the problem with hidden functionality. Seriously, just add an effect that shows "This item can be used as a radio" or "This item is a light source", and then keep it on the pattern if it should transfer. Stop hiding things that would be actually useful to know.

Xee likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

When patterns were introduced the special effects were not transferable when such items were salvaged. It was only later when the aether radio was as added to more helmets that that ability was transferable, no other effects were included.

6. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Ok good, at least the Radio functionality was transferred. Shame about the light source, but the good thing is it make the unsalvaged originals more rare as a light source + not lootable in PVP.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they actually did try to enable it, but it caused problems as implemented. i suspect it's still on someone's "someday" list.

Glantor Edge and Anpu like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I actually think that it would be a good idea since artifacts can't be patterned and it would help crafted gear compete more with artifacts.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That would be even worse than masterworking and enchanting artifacts, unless I misunderstand. At least with MW/enchanting artifacts, you can possibly not get the stats you want. If you could transfer stats from a pattern, you'd be better off doing all your MW/ench on a normal item, and when you get one with stats you want, then you'd apply the pattern and avoid sacrificing the arti to RNG.

10. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

One simple solution for Artifacts would be to Salvage an artifact and have a chance of getting a Crafting Component from it. For example, the Two handed mace of Unsummoning can possibly drop an Unsummoning Heavy Mace Head + Ancient Essence. Just add that component to the salvage list and voila, everyone is happy.

Xee likes this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I would support this concept as it really would open up crafting to a new level. or even getting rare effect mats that could be applied to any type of item would be stellar. almost like a gem slot have an additional database entry added for each item to allow a slot effect for these rares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.