1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

external game chat client

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Xee, Jul 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I would love to have an external game chat client so that during the day I can keep track of things etc from work with out having to run the client in the back ground always. would be also nice if it supported phones ;)

cheers,

Xee

Wilfred, Glantor Edge, Ancev and 2 others like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I was working on a communication guild bot that uses your account to login and was intended to be used as a chat automation tool. I quit the project as I got bored and probably is against SoTA law and do not want my account banned.

3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Would have also been nice if the original game client allowed chat to be persistent during loading screens so you can chat with your guildmates during the wait times.

Dollar Bill likes this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Do you have an old Platter harddrive by chance? SSD you only have around 15-35secs of load time.

5. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Ya I'm just use to it.. the last MMO type game I was playing regularly was Shadowbane (and emulators).. and you could use the chat system in nearly every aspect of the game (at least it seemed that way) it was a custom game engine though.. designed for siege warfare and it was a seamless world.. your character could fly from continent to continent without load times if you built it correctly. Would be nice if the load times in sota were sub-10 seconds but yea it did improve when I installed a SSD

Xee likes this.
  6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

It take me that much time to load with a HDD. There 4 kind of SSD i think and only 2 of them are faster last time i checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.