Free attack

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vaentorian, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Is it worth it? Specifically for melee, more specifically for blades & bludgeon.

I actually toggled it on by accident, kept it on for a while because I've been meaning to try it out, but found the slight damage increase per hit didn't make up for the overall reduced swing rate, plus I wasn't using glyphs as much due to the divided attention and I was more likely to miss mages & archers while they ran around.

So I'm curious whether it gets much more worthwhile with practice, or I might as well stick with auto attack for now.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive never used it due to the maintenance of having to deal with it and pulling me off my bars. With melee, there are just to many quick hitting basic skill attacks that hit for the same damage. Auto attack does just fine and works vastly better for things you want to do like stacking dot based things on your wep like poison and fire blade (which you should always do with blades)

3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Of all the builds tried since free attack was in, the only ones that made sense to use it were 2 handed blades and ranged

Vaentorian likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I always use it with my 2 handed axe. I don't want to just auto attack away. I feel like I am doing the work myself but it is personal choice I'm sure.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

IMO not worth the cost of being able to charge your locked glyphs.

Archers used to use it for ammo conservation, but they have been telling me lately that they switched to auto as well.

6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Its only worth charging a free attack with melee if you are running after something and are out of range, but once in range, not so much.... I never use free attack. Just too lazy to toggle it, and I usualy forget it by accident so now I always autoattack for fear of losing dps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.