Hello, Serpent's Watch!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Canterbury, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I've spent the past week looking into a TON of NPC towns and POTs in the areas of the Shroud map I'd like to live.

In the end, it was a dead heat between PaxLair and Serpent's Reach, and I've gone with... Serpent's Reach.

Primarily because of the Aussie timezone people there. @Woftam

2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

First pic after acquiring the lot and adding my preferred house style.

[​IMG]

3. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Enjoying the view of the lovely lake.

[​IMG]

4. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Good fishing, too!

[​IMG]

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Nice. Congratulations on finding your new home. :)

6. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Thank you! It gives me some real Star Wars Galaxies vibes, in terms of the persistent housing, the decorating, and generally doing anything but questing, 99% of my time in game...!

7. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Nice moment. There were two row slots that I was looking at over the past couple of days and as I walked past the second one just now, ie: the one I didn't choose, it had a new house on it.

I met the owner who was down on the pontoon looking around - Fiero Steele - and we chatted about fishing. A tiny slice of life... a small moment... from Serpent's Watch today.

[​IMG]

8. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Welcome to our fair town. I think you live around the corner from one of my lots.

9. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Cheers! I really like the place. I love that the terrain in the town syncs up quite well with the mountain range on the overhead map. Some towns get that effect way better than others.

I also like the layout and the size of it all. It feels very manageable, and that everyone's within arm's reach of everything. It's really practical and a great place to port back to after a session.

10. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

And to add to Canterbury's glowing assessment, I have also now joined the folks at Serpent's Watch... thanks for the welcome to those I have met! (No sooner do you start decorating the place then you find you are being watched through the doorway it seems...)

A size-able POT in a river valley with two centres, one each side of the river. The entrance leads to the main centre where you are met by Novia's premier timber merchant "Edward Woodward's Wood" (I kid ye not). I am located in the other centre across the river and at the back where my place has this epic view:

[​IMG]

And if you like that, there happens to be two vacant Row lots right next to me that can also take benefit of the same aspect! Top right there is the Guv'nors place - I confess to having had had a cheeky look around and find Woftam's Keep lot truly astounding and decorated to perfection. Up there on the Novian Top Properties list no doubt.

11. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Wow!, first time I seen a screenshot from someone else with me in it :)

And I was trying to keep a low profile here, otherwise I get to hear 'What! Fiero Steele has another place, how many is that?' :)

and dont forget that my Inn at Jaanaford has a room available for you if you want a place to rest while fishing at the upper waterfalls at Jaanaford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.