Just checking in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olthadir, Oct 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I lurked here, and even longer since I booted up the game. There is a 18 GB update waiting for me to click resume and every time I see it I wonder if I should.
    I remember all the really fun times I had, both with friends and by my self exploring and gathering information about the world. I remember the books I read, the 'publishing house' I started and everything.

I liked my time in the game.

But when I think about getting back into it, I always get sad. Is it still as bad as I left it? Surely not.

• Has there been any major additions to the lore of the game?
      • Any new dev written books? Quests?
    • Has the game gotten beyond the PvP, fishing party and dance party -centric way of being played?
    • Has the spell logos even been looked at? (remember over a year ago when a few of us dedicated players found a lot of inconsistencies?) I know this is a very minor piece, but it really is indicative of the focus of the developers: fishing and dance parties over deep lore and world building.
    As much as I want to log in and play, I really feel exhausted by the very thought of it.

Nevertheless, I wanted to poke my head in and see what is going on.

Thanks for indulging me.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Thank you, Anpu.

Most of the changes are very good. A lot of things have changed that make the game easier to play.

But, alas, there is no mention of any lore updates, story updates or anything other than technical updates to stats and skills.

Other than the Episode 2 content. Of which I am curious.
    Thank you for all the work you put into that list!

4. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

@Olthadir

I hope you come back soon and wander the realm once again.

I have not seen significant lore and legends added to the game. Episode 2 content, including the second Shroud book, should still be coming out.

Here's something that may interest you, me, and others who seek stories and adventures, albeit player-created ...

Conversationalist NPCs - NPCs where we program the dialog. People are using this for their own quests, stories in their towns and houses, and such. More people should try this, especially those who are aspiring quest masters. There was even an inky script training session on October 29 - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=126128#community7 - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/inky-script-training.165787/

GM spawn control kits (I'm not sure what they are called) for players. I believe working with @Elgarion a player in good standing/attitude can receive some sort of short-term abilities for use in their player town to create monster spawns and do other things only dev/GMs can do. Ironhall POT did this last night and the first time I experienced this. It was a blast! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=126128#community9 - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ll-rp-event-saturday-oct-24th-8pm-est.165697/

I imagine there continue to be enhancements to book libraries too, bookshelves and such. I've been away a lot this past year too and waiting for some free time to do some new adventuring, story writing, perhaps player questing, and twitch streaming of my own to "Discover Britannia" more!

The devs continue to put more and more into the hands of the players to add their own content and such, including changing POT fishing type (fetid, saltwater, freshwater) and now new mechanics to connect towns to towns with balloons and hatches without needing a Dev customer request ticket.

I hope this helps a little too!

Be safe out there!

5. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Hey, @Olthadir ! Good to see you!

I went back to playing almost a month ago and I don't regret it.

Despite not having focused on the lore, a lot has changed in the game that was quite interesting, like the points that @Winfield mentioned.
    I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing. :)

(... and the RPlayer community seems to be growing, too. ;))

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There actually has been some new lore added to the game. It’s about some disappearances that are happening. This lore (and some other lore) is in a quest that starts by speaking to a Seer that’s at the docks in the town of Noreach.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Olthadir likes this.
  8. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Well, that is good to know! Maybe I will see about downloading it and getting back into it. Even if all I end up doing is exploring and doing some writing.

Cordelayne and Fei Akhart like this.
  9. Nick

Nick Avatar

Fei Akhart likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Avatar

I should add, what is incredible is that the places that you need to go are actually in PVE scenes, you are not just interacting with paper or conversationalist, you need to kill stuff too. Some dialogue will only happen after you kill them (actual mobs in PVE scenes).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Fei Akhart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.