Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]time to fix earthquake in pvp

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by kl4nk, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

ppl assume its normal to hit you twice or 3 time with earthquake in pvp,,, this has to be fix. its clearly a bug

ive got hit tripple crit the other day for 179 x3,,, how can you ever compete against that??

2. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

3 times because his attunement is 150 plus. Takes months of all day solo play to get that.

(I know you dont know why its was nerfed, but) Earthquake was nerfed cause of Dingle, nerf it anymore and he will quit and ill support it. There is no reason to push him out of the game, just for testing.
    You run from an Earthquake user and he is useless. There is literally no fix. Its been nerfed 3 times with spells that allow you to cast faster. You nerf it ne more and its done, useless and forgotten. Earth quack is so easily avoided its not even funny.
    --
    use attunement to better your spells

Example.

120 Water, slow someone indefinitly forever
    120 earth 2-3 times hit with earth quake- only pvp. always 1 hit in PVE
    120 fire, ure DEAD!!!!!!!!! (will get better with fire resist is fixed)
    120 air - stun locked can never get out ever
    Life - 120 point blank heals - 100 + easy!

That is the point

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

We found a way to double and triple hit with chainlightning the other day. Devs were there so they know.. hitting 2-3 time per cast is clearly not by design no matter what you say.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I agree earthquake and chain lit should not get multiple on same target per cast.

5. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i have to dis-agree, and its rare i disagree with mac, but if you notice when you get hit with Earthquake, there is a dot effect indicating you take damage over time as long as that icon is displayed, if there is a bug anywhere, its there, but as long as that dot effect icon is in place then The double hit is by design :/

Mac2 likes this.
  6. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

If it was a dot , it would work the same in pve

7. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Spells can exhibit different behaviors in PvP and PvE I see that as a benefit. If you wear Earth ward gear it significantly reduces earth damage. Also if you use a timed jump you can avoid earthquake damage. Perhaps a more visual cue/animation is required to show that someone is casting earthquake. I have all of my earth spells at 80 and 90 and earth attunement is 143 buffed.
    However, I did dazzling rays first which setup the EQ.

Eventually in PvP what I think folks will end up doing is carrying around an assortment of gear and build multiple decks based off of it - there will be a cost of course, because this additional gear will be stealable and subject to the ransom system.

In our fight, we were also dealing with desync issues which will hopefully be fixed in R38.

8. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

its not by design, its a 1 hit spell, as described on the glyph and on the debuff tool-tip; "x - y Earth Damage every 2 seconds for 2 seconds", you can only hit once in 2 seconds, this is a bug, either the tool-tip of the glyph, tool-tip of the debuff or the damage, pick one and bug it

9. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Ya i understand attunment and all, what im pointing out is double and triple hitting.

I would much rather get hit for 300 dmg if you have very high attument, then hit me twice or 3 time by a smaller amount. Cuz if you crit , you wouldnt be critting me 3 time under a seconds for 550+ dmg

10. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Going to need more information on this bug if it's actually occurring. Is this suggesting that a single cast of earthquake can hit multiple times, or that players can cast multiple earthquakes in combat, to keep people "permalocked"?

11. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

specifically in pvp One cast of Earthquake hits multiple Times.

12. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Exacly...
    Reproducing rate :. 100%
    Info:. In pvp. Earthquake hit twice, sometimes 3 times / per cast.

13. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 39245

Thanks!

14. oneandonly

oneandonly Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Fixed in R38.

[SOTA-39245] - Removed tick time from earthquake. It caused the effect to be serialized and double applied. Tick times need to be zero for single tick effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.