Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mahrs too busy complaining to take Geisterseelen

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Chirp, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

02/01/2019 17:43
    Title:Mahrs too busy complaining to take Geisterseelen
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? quest blocked
    Details:
    The Geisterseelen quest is blocked after getting the 'slightly used geisterseelen' thingy since some releases, and had been reported before.
    The open quest title changed this release, with hint 'Deliver Geisterseelen to Mahrs or Orator'. That gave hope for a fix, but ...
    Mahrs still does not advance anything, or want to have the geisterseelen object. I have the 'slightly used geisterseelen' with me, the quest shows as active, and i try to convince him that i have something for him.
    tried keywords: geist geisterseelen deliver orator skull clipper found retrieved help ...
    Steps to Reproduce:
    SotA.Win.64.899.Date.01.31.19
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (10.2, 77.4, -248.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KDEwLjIwNSwgNzcuMzg1LCAtMjQ4Ljc5Mil8KDAsIDAuNzYxLCAwLCAwLjY0OSl8NDI4LjEyNTF8MjIuOTk0NjJ8NC4xMjg5NTM=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63818

3. Sannio

@Chirp , one of the fixes with this quest is stop people from getting the "Slightly-Used Geisterseelen" from the Soul Cave in Broken Echoes Silver mine (because that object was intended to be a reward at the end). Instead, they get the correct "Geisterseelen" item. These are two different items, and getting the wrong version was breaking the quest.

If the fixes I made are working correctly, you should be able to back up a little and get back on track. You just need to grab the correct Geisterseelen object. Let me know if the steps below help you do that.
    1. If you do not have an "Essence Phylactery" then go to the Orator in South Broken Road (91.5, 68.3, 161.3). He's still outside the entrance to the Broken Echoes Silver Mine. Use "help" keyword to get an "Essence Phylactery" from him.
    2. Enter the Broken Echoes Silver Mine and find the ice monolith. Interact with it while you have an Essence Phylactery to open the Soul Cave.
    3. Enter the Soul Cave and take the Geisterseelen. It's the purple-ish urn on top of a huge ice cube.
    4. You should be back on track at this point. Give the Geisterseelen to either Mahrs in Resolute or the Orator in South Broken Road.

Browncoat Jayson and Jaesun like this.
  4. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Great, thanks for the explanation! I'll try asap and report back.
    Keep on the awesome work!

5. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I was able to get the right geistersleen this time and give it to Mahrs. So it worked for me. Just ended up with 2 slightly used ones which is fine.

6. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

That did the trick, thanks.

7. Sannio

Glad it worked out for you two!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.