Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New taming skills

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by gracy, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracy

gracy Avatar

Hello,

I would like to discuss about the fact the new taming skills should not be in the tamer taming skill tree, but in the pet itself, they are all pet related and should be nice having for the same pet types "young pets" and "elder pet" ...

In fact all the following skills
    • Pet Speed Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s dexterity as well as its movement speed.
    • Pet Hide Toughness Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s damage resistance as well at its magic resistance.
    • Pet Strength Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s strength which in turn increases its overall damage.
    • Pet Attack Precision Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s max critical hit damage.
    • Pet Taunting Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s ability to take and control aggro from creatures.
    Are not "property of the tamer", but of the pets

Thanks for your attention

2. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

I agree with your point, but I fear that pets would have to be completely re-coded in order to do it. Unlike UO, SOTA makes all pets of a particular type identical instead of making each a unique instance with different skill levels. So I understand that the only way to quickly give us more pet functionality was to tie the skills to the tamer rather than the pet.
    I think taming would be a much more rewarding play style if you had to search for the "best of breed" and then train it up instead of all instances of say an Obsidean Destroyer being the same ... that said, I'm glad for the upgrades we've just gotten and hope that with additional funding we may eventually see Taming the way it ought to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.