Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Repro]Extremely loud sounds when game launched

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

3/22/2017 7:07 PM
    Title: Extremely loud sounds when game is launched
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - When I started the game, the volume of the music, intro, everything in the game was so loud I had to turn the volume on my G933 headset down to *4.* (Usually I run it at level 50 out of 100, so that gives you an idea of how extremely loud the volume was.)
    - When the game launches the volume on everything is set to 100% - so it is as loud as it can possibly be - surely this is a bug?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Start the game. Like unto another bug I reported, I do not know if I am the only one this happens to? I asked a guildmate if it was extremely loud to them when they came in and they said 'yes.' I asked if they had reported it and they said 'no.'
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16299
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.472.Date.03.21.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
    Loc: (-34.8, 38.0, 90.3)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Unfortunately, this is not an issue we're observing internally. : / Possibly related to your particular headphones? Have you attempted playing the game from any other audio devices or speakers to see if it occurs for them as well?

3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I will try it without the headset and will report back if it occurs without the headset.

@Attenwood

Followup - I tried starting the game this morning without the headset and it was appropriately low - but that might have been because I had already adjusted the volume in the game.

It could also be that this is only an issue for me when I build the client from 0, as is required for Unity Upgrades. The next time Unity upgrades, I will log in without the headset to see if it does it again.

In the meantime, I will try to see if there is some better way to get the volume inside SotA to match up with the other sounds on my computer with this Logitech G933 headset.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the response! Please keep us apprised!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.