Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Party member not in same instance, unable to teleport

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Sophi, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

03/25/2016 22:11
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker? kinda, yeah

Details:
    didnt end up in same scene as party-member and long time friend (Womby), unable to teleport to him, his name is greyed-out, can see his shield in overworld and click on it, still go into in separate instances, no invite to follow.

When I first got into game, I was able to teleport to him in The Rise. Once I died there then suddenly we were in separate instances.
    So quit completely out of game and came back on world map and we were in same instance again, hurray!

Steps to Reproduce: logged out and back in; canceled party, repartied, went into and out of zone a couple times, finally quit game altogether to get it to work.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.OSX.64.336.Date.03.25.16
    Area: Novia
    Loc: (-315.5, 14.9, -316.7)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Very odd. I know this is unlikely, but is it possible either of you may have been in different game modes that might separate you? If I understand correctly, you both started out in the same instance together... went to The Rise together. Then you died, and upon resurrection found yourself in separate instances? Any further details for us to reproduce this reliably step-by-step would help immensely. Thank you for reporting.

3. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

..... trying to remember the sequence of events... sorry it was late for me so wasn't thinking all that clearly last night...

We were both in multiplayer, had partied, I teleported to him (he was already in The Rise) from Kingsport. I was able to see him, we were in the same instance at that point. We started wandering, then I died, mostly due to lag (was lagging pretty badly at that point actually). My game crashed (PeachPit). I came back in.... he died a couple times, I died again... it was about that time that I noticed we were in separate instances. So not really sure when it happened, but now I'm thinking it was probably when I had to re-start the game?
    hope that helps :)

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I believe that exiting the game completely will take you out of party, right?

5. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

we still showed as in-party when i got back in, I wasn't out very long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.