Poll: Is Gameplay King Or A Release Schedule? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DNA Cowboy, Apr 26, 2014.

?

How important is the balance between a good game and the game's release schedule?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2014.
  1. Game play Is King I am prepared to wait until the the developers get it right

95.6%
  2. I want the game released when they promised it would be irrespective of state

4.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar Aiden

I get the impression that there is an entire marketing department missing from Portalarium that tends to be the group that drives release and print dates. Oh and not having EA telling you what to do helps. :p

Eriador likes this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Don't think I have seen such a unanimous poll as of yet. Well done.

3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, wow, 44! Where is the black sheep?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Of course it is Ristra. :D

Time Lord and Eriador like this.
  5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I was waiting that. XD

6. Sardonyx

Sardonyx Avatar

This poll assumes they can't have the game ready by their deadline. Why do you think they can't deliver the full game on time? It's not like the game is in a poor state for the stage they're at.

7. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Probably because there is still a LOT of talk about the map, some of the benefactor ( and founder) housing is still not in, skills are just starting to go in, story lines are not finished, combat rules still need to be worked out, PvP is not totally resolved ( at least it seems that way as players are still taking about it), AI for characters still need to be worked on , the mainland has not been shown yet, there are still bugs that need to be worked on and requests that may or may not be considered.

It's a BIG job. I think they can nail most of it on time BUT if they don't, then I'd rather they take the time to do it right.

Edit: Forgot.. (Sorry)

New lighting just went in, only about 8-12 overland hex types exist and more are needed, dungeons to build, towns, cities and hamlets to design, graphics for all the weapons, armor, clothing, misc items, etc.. crafting rules for making these items, music, sound effects, single player offline and online with friends to test and release, all designed and released for three different platforms.

All with six months left.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kaisa and Time Lord like this.
  8. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

There should be a poll option that is along the lines of: "I understand software development is constrained by budget and time -- I'd like the game when the devteam feels its ready, and I would happily welcome incremental features and improvements after the initial release."

jiirc, Kaisa, Eriador and 1 other person like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Playability is King!:)

With that said, we can "$ Beta Pump SotA $" from the online store and media hype it because we're all having great test fun by that time.

We do miss a Christmas window by doing so, but many computer games are purchased well out of any shopping seasons because computer games are an addictive product and not much of a shelf product....

"What did you get me for Xmas daddy?".... "I bought you a Beta Pledge to SotA that comes with the new Blade of Uberness, Gypsy Wagon and Nomad's Tent"!
    "Oh Dad, You're the best daddy ever!... now lets rob that bank in Kingsport again so I can pretend that I captured you and we both walk out of there rich again!"
    "Oh sorry sorry about that Son, they fixed that bug last week. So lets steal some apples from Lord Baldrith's Grocery Shop, you know he always wants to tell you a story"..... "well, :( OK :) !... "Mom,:eek:We're going to Lord Baldrith's Story Shop again!....:D
    Beta, what's the difference between that and waiting for the final frontier $ ....?
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

10. DNA Cowboy

DNA Cowboy Avatar

Sad really especially as my $140 pledge is for a 'Cartpgrapher', I had planned to implement the original map to explore the game writing a travel guide for new players, now well, I just don't know.

11. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

@DNA Cowboy, hopefully something will come of it and Cartography will make a return

and;Game play Is King I am prepared to wait until the the developers get it right

Kaisa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.