Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] I became an excellent burgler, BUG or feature?

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by zerothis, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

2/1/2018 9:27 PM
    Title: I became an excellent burgler, BUG or feature?
    Reproduction Rate: most of the time now
    Blocker? maybe
    Details:/Steps to Reproduce:
    My rouge avatar started shoplifting and stealing from NPCs to gain salvageable items for increasing salvage skill. Initially caught every time. But soon, _at night only_ was sometimes able to point a red items and get a green cursor (no "private property" warning). But not always, and not during the day. Still could not steal red items if NPCs were watching. Everywhere, guards walked up against my character and growled, then two at a time, three at a time, now four guards at a time will approach and growl. Eventually, red items became stealable, often while NPCs watch (under their nose from the counter) and sometimes these were inexplicably green items. And even during the day, red items were green. Just minutes ago, I crouched behind a counter in daytime and swiped a red private property shield. As the NPC was standing right there looking at me, a justicar materialized _but did nothing_ but stand there. I proceeded to swipe 11 more while the NPC an justicar just watched.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (4) System RAM: 7866
    GPU: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake GT2) GPU RAM: 512
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: Novia_R6_City_StormsReach
    Area Display Name: Storms Reach
    Loc: (57.3, 38.2, 121.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9TdG9ybXNSZWFjaHx8KDU3LjI2NywgMzguMTkzLCAxMjEuNTc5KXwoMCwgMC45OTksIDAsIDAuMDM0KXw5MS42MDEzM3wyMi4zNjYwNHwzLjQxNDI1

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Naughty, naughty...but very good of you to report. +Karma for you.
    But I could not repro. I stole pretty much everything but the kitchen sink at nighttime....
    Private msg me if you find later you are still able to repro (or find the exact repro)
    @zerothis

3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

When I was exploring the new Yew, I found that a ton of personal items were green so took a lot of stuff. Inkwells, three candle stands, etc. Just explore the new houses/shops in the trees and check the items, and I'm sure you will find a bunch of green steal-able items.
    @Lexie @zerothis

4. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

@Lexie , I'll monitor this thread should you like me to do anything related to this bug. But R50 has made the game to much action and not enough thinking. I'll be back to check on R51.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.