Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] [Pelican]'s ruining my life in Lost Vale

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Black FjP, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

10/28/2018 12:13
    Title: 1-2 hour disconnects
    Reproduction Rate: every 1 to 2 hours
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12) System RAM: 7986
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.853.Date.10.25.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (53.2, 16.1, 37.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCg1My4yMDgsIDE2LjE0OCwgMzcuMzI0KXwoMCwgMC43MDYsIDAsIDAuNzA5KXwtMjczLjE0NTl8MjcuNDg2MzF8MjA=

This isn't a bug per se, but most days I attempt to do lost vale with my friends who log on each day strictly for this purpose and within an hour of the vale closing I disconnect with a [Pelican] network congestion message. This disconnect issue has been plaguing me and others for some time and I generally just play through it except due to the nature of Lost Vale I cannot and am booted to the map with no way to rejoin my party. I have tried many corrective steps to make sure this is not some issue on my end including reinstalling the game, rebooting my router, testing my network connection, trying both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz wifi and nothing from my end seems to fix this issue. Furthermore, I am not having any sort of connectivity issues with any other service.

I enjoy the mechanic of the lost vale having certain times you can enter and not being able to teleport in to it, but I feel like there must be a way to make it so that if you are disconnected or crash, and are already within the scene, you can log back into it without being booted out. Maybe a 10 minute window or something like that. It's really been a bummer. When I first started doing the vale before R58 I did not have these issues and would oftentimes be in there having fun for 2 or 3 hours no problem, however other people would crash and or DC and that was that, which was beat street.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Lao Tzu and Oremanger like this.
  2. Oremanger

Oremanger Avatar

I feel your pain.

3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Starting with Build 857, you will be able to reconnect to Lost Vale after being disconnected.

I looked into why you are seeing Pelican disconnects. From what I can tell, the network connection looks good. I see that your machine is on the low edge (system memory wise) of what we support. That's mostly likely the cause of the long hitches (7+ seconds) you are seeing, and can be the cause of the network drop. I generally see memory use affecting the network most often when on a wireless connection to the WIFI. We are looking into ways to reduce memory consumption for low-end machines. Also Unity (our game engine supplier) has some improvements in the works to reduce memory use as well (high-res textures not in use not taking up system memory).

In the meantime, things to try:
    1) If possible, try a wired connection to the internet
    2) Before entering lost vale, restart your client. This will flush all of the resources that might be cached in memory from previous places you've visited
    3) You might try "Fastest" graphics setting - however on your machine I suspect that won't buy you much performance increase

4. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

First off, thank you for the response, I really appreciate it.

I will look into increasing the ram, however it is a new gaming laptop so I might be looking into putting together a new desktop box. ;)
    A wired connection is not possible in my current situation, believe me I would much prefer that. The other suggestions are things that I regularly do to increase the performance, but thank you for the suggestions.

The news about the change to lost vale however is great, and I can't wait!

Daxxe Diggler and Lao Tzu like this.
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I keep getting the"Pelican network congestion …. and it is not on my end... Getting frustrated with this already...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model 810-145qe
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU J0X43AV#ABA
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date AMI 80.21, 5/29/2014
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB
    Available Physical Memory 27.9 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 32.3 GB
    Page File Space 4.75 GB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.