Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

So many Recipes no good way to know what you still need

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

While you can look at a merchant and then slowly drag your mouse down the list hoping you can see the message on the recipe 'You have already learned this recipe' vs 'You have not learned this recipe'

This feels antiquated and does not allow a player to set goals for what they want to be taught or what they want to buy.(i.e. click a checkbox show only unknown recipes)

Also the Re-Teachable, Teachable data should be included in the descriptions, and a level requirement shown (which it is for ones you cannot do yet, but I do not believe it is for ones where you have achieved that level) (A checkbox for this would be nice as well)

Introducing a checkbox to the merchant UI for show unknown recipes would help solve some of the woes players are going to face in R36. The mouseover shows it, adjusting the query to work off this checkbox would help many.

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

It would help if vendors had the recipes in categories, too. Blacksmithing, Tailoring, etc...Sometimes I go to check for a recipe of a certain type and they are all jumbled with the other recipes at the Solania/Westend vendors.

Gravidy, FrostII, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Lace and Leelu like this.
  4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

One thing that might help is an in-game recipe dependency chart, similar to that for the combat skill trees. Then you'd have some notion of what you need to hunt for to get to a goal.

Lace likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You know, this gave me an idea on how to revamp the Crafting Journal.

Put all of the common crafting recipes in the journal, but only show the name of a recipe that you don't actually know. By common, I mean anything that should reasonably be known by a skilled craftsman, but not exceptionally rare items (like Bone Armor, Obsidian lamps, Kobold tinkering, etc). Almost all of these should be able to be unlocked by teaching or experimentation, but this is limited by your skills.

For every point you have in your primary craft skill, you get a point to learn a recipe, either by having someone teach you or by experimentation. Once you use up your points, you need to raise your skill again to learn more, or go buy recipes. Purchased (or otherwise acquired) recipes bypass this and add directly to your journal.

Now experimentation is limited, but possible. Trading is limited, but doesn't need to be so horribly restricted. Plus, there can be any number of "hidden" recipes that can only be learned by buying them from hidden vendors, earned as quest rewards, handled out by Devs, etc.

(I'm still going through the list of recipes, trying to figure out what all is Re-Teachable, Teachable, and not. So far, the list is VERY POOR for what you can learn without purchase. Like, seriously stuff that any journeyman should be able to figure out...)

Lace, Gravidy, moko and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.