Ultima 7 back with a vangance!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by amnon23e, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amnon23e

amnon23e Avatar

Hello all, sorry it took me so long to find out lord British is back.
    I pledged yesterday and started looking into the pre-alpha

I see much potential for this game to become great! Ultima 7 was the first RPG that gave me the option of making crafting a part of the game, and it was fun. Would be even more fun to make crafting affect the global NPC market. Forcing the crafting player to set up journeys to other towns to make a better living. For example crafting to much of item A in the same place would lower the price there, but rumours in the local tavern will say town B is lacking that item and will buy much at a high price.

On another note, great 80's play list on the radio in-game! but could be better if playing radio or a musical instrument would auto lower the background music.

That's it from me for now, hope this feedback helps.

Phinglophin

2. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

First off, Welcome to the forums, fellow RGP'er! Second, hold up your horses because this game will probably be NOTHING like U7, I hope you have an open mind because well... Just wait and see I guess. :cool:

randomonium and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  3. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Hail to thee and welcome to the forum and the community amnon.
    Neither U7 nor UO - something between. A kind of jack of all trades device. We will see :)

smack, KuBaTRiZeS and Vyrin like this.
  4. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

welcome amnon23e - you've found a great place! The game will certainly be strong on crafting - that does need further growth, and the devs assure us it will be getting more love and attention as further releases come out. I get that you weren't wanting a copy of U7 - just saying how great the crafting was there.
    This game is going to have so much more to explore - hang on and enjoy the ride!
    And if you have any questions, the community is awesome - always someone to help!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. amnon23e

amnon23e Avatar

yes exactly what i mean ^.^
    U7 was the a good base, ofcourse much more can and should be delivered.
    I remember the time i spent just baking bread in the bakery there, some with water some with wine :D

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I see very little of U7 so far in this game or features in this game that are like U7.

7. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

YESSSSS!! Thank you

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Welcome. Many of us hope that SotA will be similar to Ultima 7 in terms of a believable world in which NPCs, cities, monsters and areas have a real purpose. A world that feels alive and is highly interactive. A game in which companions do play a meaningful part...
    But right now we know nothing about this. We do not know if SotA will have a believable world, that is similar to Ultima 7. And quite frankly speaking there are also many people in this community that do not want this, who are satisfied with playing on a big stage, a lifeless set in which nothing does have any purpose besides PvP, grinding and housing. Unfortunately this part of the community has a very loud voice and as it is much easier to create a lifeless stage for a world and many people don't seem to care about this we might actually get this instead of an Ultima 7-like world...

9. Galder

Galder Avatar

Welcome, I play Ultima VI on my old Amiga and it feels like yesterday (hint)...

10. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Stop being a drama queen. How can they flesh a story when systems aren't in place yet? Why release story in Alpha? What you going to do in release?

11. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I didn't even mention the story. And that is the problem. People seem to think that a single player rpg is just about the story. In fact I am sure that the story of SotA will be great, but that is not the problem. It's the world we are talking about and how believable and interactive it will be. What good is a great story that takes place in a static world that feels like the set of a movie instead like a world?

12. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

I.E -> I should be able to pick things up and put them down.

I should be able to interact with items which are static (apples on trees for instance)

I should be able to chop wood from almost every tree, mine minerals from almost every rock.

I should be able to chop the head from my enemy's corpse, and eat his entrails.

I should be able to drink from a mug of mead sitting on a barmaids counter.

I should be able to get a rise out of said npc barmaid.

I should be able to find things in chests (like forest dungeon chests, hides are a great start!)

I should be able to play a lute, and have my companion join in on the drums.

I should be able to smash walls, doors, chests, and other objects.

I should be able to start campfires, and use them as a source of light at night.

I should be able to put out said campfire.

I should not be a candidate for enemy auto targeting systems, they should have to pull my name first.

I should continue this list later.

Fox Cunning likes this.
  13. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

I should be able to fight with the guards in towns, even it if means my inevitable demise.

Fox Cunning and Sebastion like this.
  14. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Hello and welcome!

You sound like you may be able to find a home here.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol and you shall be able to do this, well most things when this game is completed, and you have a great list.;) That's why we are all here for cool features you mention.:) and welcome to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.