1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69334] When entering a PVP scene, pop-up to confirm cannot be turned off

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Sara Dreygon, Nov 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

11/06/2020 13:12
    Title: When entering a PVP scene, pop-up to confirm cannot be turned off
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When entering a PVP scene, pop-up to confirm cannot be turned off. The message has a box to deactivate seeing the message anymore but this has never worked. Even if the box is clicked, you'll always get the message.
    Steps to Reproduce: Teleport to a PVP scene, get the message, click the "don't see this message any more" box. Repeat and you'll still see the message.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz (16) System RAM: 16310
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU RAM: 10077
    SotA.Win.64.1308.Date.11.05.20
    Area: Mistrendur_R1_Spindelskog/Extreme
    Area Display Name: Spindelskog (Extreme)
    Loc: (90.1, 254.6, 58.6)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMV9TcGluZGVsc2tvZ3xFeHRyZW1lfCg5MC4wNjEsIDI1NC41OCwgNTguNTc4KXwoMCwgMC43MTEsIDAsIC0wLjcwNCl8MjczLjQzNDZ8MzEuOTAxODZ8MTAuODAwMDE=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sara Dreygon, does unclicking the "show pvp zone confirmation" box in the settings multiplayer tab work?

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Nope... toggled many times. Thought maybe it was switched around but same thing whether unclicked or no.

4. Alley Oop

i think there might be some confusion here: the checkbox on the popup is not "decativate this message pop-up". the text is "ask me every time". you want the box to be UNclicked if you don't want the pop-up.

if i toggle "ask me every time" off on the pop-up box, it toggles "show pvp zone confirmation" off in settings.
    if i toggle "show pvp zone confirmation" off in settings i get no pop-up.
    if i toggle "show pvp zone confirmation" on in settings i get the pop-up.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

12/14/2020 15:25
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16312
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1321.Date.12.06.20
    Area: The Rise
    Area Display Name: The Rise
    Loc: (6.2, 9.7, 84.8)
    Debug: VGhlIFJpc2V8fCg2LjIsIDkuNzI5LCA4NC44MTkpfCgwLCAwLjk1OCwgMCwgLTAuMjg2KXwtOTAzLjg4MTh8MjAuMzQxOTN8NC4xOTUzOTk=

Same thing for me, ticked the box, I get the confirmation box before entering.
    Unticked the box, I get the confirmation box before entering.

Basically no matter if the box is ticked or not, I get the confirmation message either way.

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

1. Title: PVP Zone Confirmation displays even when menu box unchecked
    2. Reproducible? Yes
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Under Multiplayer options, there is a checkbox to show a PVP Zone entry confirmation if the player wants to see one. The option to permanently dismiss this notification also appears in the notification itself with the option to permanently dismiss. No matter if the box is unchecked in the multiplayer menu option or in the notification itself, the PVP zone entry warning message continues to pop up.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Enter a PVP zone. Dismiss the warning pop-up and check the box to
    6. User Specs: -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Seems like the scroll trigger the box, when i enter the place manually by walking it doesnt show up. Fixing those scroll dialog pop up

Violet Ronso, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  8. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Should be fix in next QA patch

9. Alley Oop

fix needs testing as of 1426

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.