Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Adam Smith in New Britannia

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, that's the point of the OP. You got it.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just a small note here, I regularly get arrows when I play around with the elves in places like Greymark forest, some obsidians drop them as well.
    The cost to produce those is only the labor of dragging them home instead of something else.

Elwyn and Moonshadow like this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Please god put this back in the game. and by god, I mean developers... "What's with all the naked chickens these days?"

Kvow likes this.
  4. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

The naked chickens is part of the developers' master plan. Take the feathers to make arrows and pillows. Then someone else crafts sweaters for the chickens! :p

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

That's assuming that anyone at all would buy 20 ingot for $9,000... I for one couldn't, wouldn't do that... I guess you have never noticed that when you buy from a NPC, the next sale price is higher (I think now you need to buy out, before it goes up), since no one buys arrows as they can be picked up and crafted...

I'm not sure how you came up with $1,100 cost (I think its because you base your calculations on Public vendor pricing) as it doesn't cost me anything close to that, but I'll be back...

Edit: I just made 100 arrows at a cost of 50g, the ore is free, the wood is free (well 4g for an axe / pick)... Costs 2x 2g chemicals, 1x 6g coal, 10x 4g feathers (2g for the arrow mold, but it has 100 uses), so 50g per 100x 20 (2000 arrows) = 1,000g cost... When sold for $2,500 that IS 150% mark up... Which IMO, is a fair mark up and coupled with a player vendor (no tariffs) and under cutting the NPC, arrows should be sold quite quickly...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.