[CLOSED] AERIE FUND/CATNIP GAMES - Charity Auction - Announcement [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Charity Auction for Catherine Rose

Hail, Avatars! The AERIE Fund has been summoned to help a fellow player in need with a medical emergency in her family! Our dear friend Catherine Rose's daughter battles a rare and aggressive form of Squamous Cell Carcinoma (cancer) and we'd like to help!

By the way, this condition requires many rounds of treatments, surgeries, and accrues a lot of expenses not covered by insurance. So, to help lighten their load we've got a fun way to give!

[​IMG]

(from the GoFundMe: http://bit.ly/2OT5rnE)​

LORD OF THE ISLE CHARITY AUCTION
    Catnip Games is graciously donating a rare LORD OF THE ISLE pledge bundle for a charity auction. No reserve! All proceeds of this auction will be donated to the GoFundMe for Catherine Rose.

But that's not all...

AERIE Fund is going to match the final value of that auction, dollar for dollar, up to $5000! As with the auction amount, all proceeds will go directly to the Catherine Rose’s family support fund!

HOW TO BID

We’re going to do a public auction right here on the forums!

There is a separate thread for bidding ONLY - no discussions or commentary there (please) to keep it clean and organized. Link provided below.

We'd like to keep discussions, questions, and well-wishes contained in *this thread*.

BIDDING THREAD

BID HERE>>>: BIDDING THREAD LINK

To bid, simply post in the auction thread with your bid amount.

Your bid must be HIGHER than the previous bid (by a minimum of $5 dollars) to be considered.

At the end of the auction (8PM Central (US), Sunday March 7th, 2021) the highest bidder will win the LORD OF THE ISLE pledge. We will use the forum timestamp to determine eligible bids.

• Bids received after 8:00 PM will not be eligible. Not even 1 second late.

• Bids must be raised by a minimum of $5 dollars per bid. No nickels and dimes!

• If the highest bidder does not complete payment of their winning bid within 48 hours of winning the auction, they will forfeit their prize to the next highest bidder.

• The auction will end at 8PM Central (US), Sunday March 7th, 2021.
    • Payment for the bid will be collected by the AERIE Fund and matched up to $5000 to be donated directly to the GoFundMe page.
    • CATNIP GAMES will award the pledge directly to the auction winner through the proper in-game channels (reward system) following the processing of the winning bidder's payment.
    HOW TO SUPPORT (NOT BID)

If you’d like to support Catherine Rose’s family directly (or anonymously), you can visit their GoFundMe page here and pledge: http://bit.ly/2OT5rnE

PLEASE NOTE: donations made directly to the GoFundMe are not eligible bids for the Lord of the Isle package. All support is welcome and appreciated!

Thank you for your support, Avatars!

UPDATE: We've made the donation to Wendy's GoFundMe, matching the auction amount for a total of $9500!

[​IMG]

CC: @Chris @Elgarion @Justyn @Lord British

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  2. thradia

thradia Avatar

Sunday is March 7tb, not 8th. Can anyone confirm which date is correct?

3. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Apologies, I added the wrong date! Sunday the 7th is correct!

Sonja likes this.
  4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My heart is overwhelmed!!!!!! It has been a long time since there have been this many tears pouring from my eyes. The gratitude welling from deep inside my soul is almost more than I know how to handle. There are no words strong enough to express how much this means to me and especially to Wendy, my daughter. The out pouring of your care and love means the world to her and to me, her mother. I still see her as a tiny baby and it is hard to see her in a hospital bed just like it would be for any other mother. I feel your care in your support, in your arms and your hearts as you bring this into our lives. THANK YOU!!!

:)

5. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

[​IMG]

UPDATE: We've made the donation to Wendy's GoFundMe, matching the auction amount for a total of $9500!

Thanks to all who supported the cause!

CC: @Chris @Elgarion @Justyn @Lord British

Elgarion, Wilfred, Anpu and 4 others like this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Awesome! Thank you Thex and the Aerie Fund team! Also thank you @Bridge Troll and other bidders on the auction for supporting such a cause :)

Wilfred likes this.
  7. Boadicea

Boadicea Avatar

tis kinda shouldda be bumbed, if i wasnt fixin to buy catherine rose painting for my basement id not know bout tis thing, dunt have much bit chipped in a bit good luck to ya and bless your hearts

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was nice of you, but this post is from over a year ago and the aerie fund is closed now. closing post and editing title.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.