Atonal Aria damage is way too high!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I added your new tip to my Bard Guide under the CC topic.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't really see why that's necessarily a problem. At least canticle requires using gear that isn't ideal for other things. I don't really have any problem with bards who are all in on bard stuff being strong.

I think the held instrument nerf is a step in the right direction, because what really needs to happen first is bard skills need to be more conditional. It's not gonna be as simple to get it right as just that though.

Superbitsandbob and Margaritte like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Mind if I ask what your Adv Lvl is @Violet Ronso ?
    Oh, and would you mind showing us your Bard Tree ?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Why AL Level? That doesn't actually add much.

5. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

AL adds nothing at all correct, a few hp and a few focus, how is it that people still get the AL blessings? Placebos are delicious.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Anpu and necronut like this.
  6. necronut

necronut Avatar

Grape Drink: Sugar, water, purple.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I never said it did.... :p
    I have my own reasons for asking. ;)

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I think it should give heavier damage if it used by a dedicated bard - so dmg should depend on focus. Checked 6k focus bard - still very low damage on canticle and this aura.

As a support skill? For me as a fire mage - no, it's too unusable if locked, and in dynamic slots, I have better choices.
    Archer? Not sure he would want to waste time on it too.
    For melee/tank? Cool that they can use additional aoe dmg glyph.
    Bards/healers/moon/sun/anyone ) - why not ?

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  9. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

try to torpid the mob before doing cantice, insane focus damage on full charge (need a high focus set)

[4/2/2021 11:50:00 AM] [11:50 AM] XXXXX attacks Feram Cavas (T16) and hits, dealing 1,379 points of damage from Concussive Canticle.
    [4/2/2021 11:50:00 AM] [11:50 AM] Feram Cavas (T16) takes 3,586 points of damage from Chaotic Feedback.
    [4/2/2021 11:50:00 AM] [11:50 AM] XXXX attacks Feram Cavas (T16) and hits, dealing 1,058 points of damage from Concussive Canticle.
    [4/2/2021 11:50:00 AM] [11:50 AM] Feram Cavas (T16) takes 3,156 points of damage from Chaotic Feedback.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Sorgin Txakal, Barugon, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Recently reached AL 121. For my bard Tree, all actives are at 120 except for Atonal Aria at 126, and all my passives (including spec) at 100.

FrostII likes this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Tyvm

12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This tells me the bard skills are not the problem. Comboing them with Chaos spells are - solution is to nerf the Chaos spells. :D

Bard skills on their own are not that powerful.

FrostII and Aldo like this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yup.... there's a lot more going on than meets the eye when it comes to Atonal Aria and Concussive Canticle.

14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This is not going to be a constructive message, so if you don't want to read my rant, just skip this post.

I've seen some questionable moves by the developers over the years, but this bard nonsense takes it to another level. When originally implemented, this tree was said to be a support role, but instead it is basically mandatory for every build. It gives incredible overall power with almost no drawbacks. That by itself is a horrible setup, but then it's hidden behind episode 2 access, so the devs basically force any serious player to purchase it.

Now after months of allowing players to use this tree in a fashion that wasn't intended, it's finally being changed. Anyone else see a big problem here? A month of 100% return on skills isn't going to help anyone if they purchased or crafted high end gear.

Since bard has been implemented i have had a very hard time enjoying combat. I want a fun experience where I need to make decisions on the fly, but this game has just turned into a complete easy button grind fest. Now all you have to do is train up skills, set up a good dynamic deck and your basically invincible. I'm sure the players out there that just grind all day to make $ have loved it, but I think it really dumbed down combat. I basically just log on to update a couple vendors and talk to my friends now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about this upcoming bard nerf, because i think it's definitely needed for some balance. But the way this has all gone down has really turned me off to the combat in the game.

There have been some great improvements to the game lately - crafting, food, loot, etc. Unfortunately for me, those changes aren't getting me to play more because the combat is just so boring right now. Hopefully with the change to bard tree, combat will feel better, but I doubt it will.

Yigg Endimion and Sorgin Txakal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.