Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting quality of life

Discussion in 'Release 69 Feedback Forum' started by DavidDC, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I got an idea to save all the hassle of crafting and make quality of life x100 better in that area. Entirely remove the huge crafting panel when you click on a table, thats gone. We click the recipe book, which is a smaller ui that doesnt hide the whole screen, select the item we want to craft, choose the number we want to craft, and it says the required amount needed and the current ressource you have like 2/166, number on left appear in red if you are missing the required component and all. Once at table, another button appear "Make" which gonna process everything u have preselected.

Not only you get all at one place and way simpler to look at and know what is required, but you dont have to run 6 time during ur crafting process back to npc to buy required material since u already have tought of everything. No more drag and drop of item into the little box. Also everything is already in the book, the quantitys etc and enough place to add a craft button and a select for how many u want to craft. Add a search bar to the book like people are asking since a while and its complete :p

something like this https://pasteboard.co/IxHI2CX.png

Only problem i can see is with the recipe that arent in the world like combining artifacts, but you can always give em all to everyone i think... Could need a certain level to unlock them so you dont spam a recipe book of a new users coming in, lets say level 50 which isnt exagerate i think. It give a certain kind of progression feeling too to unlock stuff like that there and then. Imagine the guy starting in a year, no one tell him artifact are combinable, how is he going to know? By getting the recipe in the book at a certain level directly! Great games think of everything :p

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I prefer the crafting table UI to the recipe book. The recipe book is an unfilterable, unsortable mess because it has the recipes in the order in which they were learned.

Maybe make the crafting table UI a bit more compact instead?

Widsith [MGT] likes this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

That could always be fixed in the book

4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I would prefer, if possible they built the crafting UI using the crown store as the base.
    Searchable, categorisation, nice big icons.
    Use the right hand panel as the build bit.
    Allow us to collapse the left the and middle panel in once the recipe has been picked. So if you are making a 100s of the same thing, once you had selected via those panels you just need the small right hand panel open.

Regards
    Spung

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The recipe book is..well...just not usable. Like at all. The only reason I ever open it is to teach someone recipes and even that is horrible. Its actually easier to get myself to a crafting bench so I can search than to try and find something in the book. Desperately in need of a cleanup.

I like Spungwa's suggestion above. For the recipe book, or the crafting UI, or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.